Tiller Bought a 6' TSC tiller!

/ Bought a 6' TSC tiller! #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
After reading many a review here and deciding I wanted (rocks dictate) a forward rotating tiller - the decision was made Friday night when a TSC asst manager indicated she REALLY wanted to get rid of their last one from this season... So - home with us it came.

After fighting to get the thing put together and a trip to WallyWorld for more gear oil (takes a full gallon to fill) she was ready to be attached to the TC45DA. I had a section of pasture that needed to be resurfaced after rotating the pigs off it. Coming from the world of plow and harrow I was a little apprehensive...

All I can say is HOLY CR@P!!! This thing is amazing. Just amazing. It takes the rough pigarated pasture and leaves behind after a single pass just a smooth, level, ready for seed surface. Just great. Tractor runs like there's nothing attached - so glad we went with the 6' model.

When rock gets caught and the slip clutch kicks in - disengage the PTO, rock falls out, re-engage and continue (happened twice).

Then took it for a spin on some virgin ground where a new veggie plot is slated for the CSA next spring... WOW! I had thought I'd need to plow then till - not so sure when I'll use my plow again aside from drainage ditches.

Thanks for all the tiller reviews - those on the fence go as big as you can... This thing is just amazing!

/ Bought a 6' TSC tiller! #2  
I own a 62 inch TSc that was several years old. I too was amazed at the finish of the clay soil behind the rig. You have more HP that I do, but it has not slowed the engine down while using. You must have some big rocks?l

/ Bought a 6' TSC tiller!
You must have some big rocks?l
Not so much "big" but more like "just the right size" to jam tillers - and enough that it happens.
After the maiden voyage yesterday I noticed a dent and poped paint on the top of the tiller from a rock jamming up in there.
The good news is - with the weight of the tractor and the filled rear tires the tiller doesn't push me along at all... a little bounce in the seat and that's it... but WOW - the speed of a 6' swath is amazing... I need a cultipacker now cause I sense a LOT of pasture reclamation in my future... growing the feed that way for the animals is a LOT more cost effective than brining it to them in bags!

/ Bought a 6' TSC tiller! #4  
Am I the only one having a hard time seeing the pictures?

:)

Sorry guys - I figured a TSC tiller wasn't exciting enough to post a pic of... Promise- next time it's on I'll snap a few and refresh this thread!

/ Bought a 6' TSC tiller! #7  
If it's tractor or tractor related we always get excited seeing pictures. I have almost no use for a tiller but really want one (kind of like a post hole digger).

/ Bought a 6' TSC tiller! #8  
I bought a 6' TSC tiller a few weeks back myself.
Run it off a TC35D.
I held off for a while trying to justify the cost.
It was the best move I could have made.
It converted some pasture to seed beds in no time.
The area is already planted with a cover crop of peas, vetch, clover and winter rye.
The seed has already germinated and we are off and running.
Could not have done it that quickly without the tiller.

Here's the obligatory photo of the tiller attached (but not in use).

I did another large area this weekend - and again amazed at how well it turns neglected field into plantable garden spaces. Really, really great tool to have on a small farm.

Attachments

• image-185026661.jpg
    image-185026661.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 531
   / Bought a 6' TSC tiller! #10  
They are really nice to have. I bought one this year and have used it all spring, summer and fall. From gardens to food plots, to preparing a yard to lay sod. Even used the tiller a few times to dig with!. Had a friend that wanted to plant some trees so I would drop the tiller and soften the dirt and he would dig it out! wow that was hard work for me:laughing:... I have messed around with it alot and found that you can play around with leaving the tail gate UP and drop the skids down and just barley rough up the surface of old pasture land. We sewed some winter wheat and oats like this. Came up great...

AndyG