Bought a 1240 Massey

/ Bought a 1240 Massey #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hello Fellow tractor nuts. I jumped into the new centruy by buying a tractor that was made in the new century. The old L185 Kubota and the 411B Case are going to be put up for adoption. This is not a sales pitch, just feeling good about a tractor I can work WITH more than work ON.

Sixgunsix /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought a 1240 Massey
Hey SixGunSix.

Congrats on the new Tractor/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I saw some of the 1200 series at a local dealer in Ashland, Va. this week when I was picking up my new cutter and back blade.

However they were still in the crate so I could not see too many details. The AGCO website has a few pictures, but from to far away and to small /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. It is a really good looking tractor though and perhaps you could post some pictures here so we can have a better look.

Don't forget to tell us how you equipped your new RED tractor!/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought a 1240 Massey #3  
Your 1240 is a big brother to my 1215, which has been very reliable. A friend of mine bought a 1240 three years ago, and has had almost no problems even though he works it hard. You are going to enjoy!

It's great to see more "red" at TBN.

Curt

/ Bought a 1240 Massey
****, file to large. Will try later. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Six........

/ Bought a 1240 Massey
Finally the picture.

Attachments

• 250523-Image001.jpg
    250523-Image001.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 465
   / Bought a 1240 Massey
Hey Sixgunsix, nice looking CUT /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. How about some more pics and some details. How do you like it so far, is that a tiller or a box blade on the back?

Hope you don't mind all of the questions, but us Massey guys need to liven this forum up a bit.

I installed my sons seat in my 4225 over the weekend and will post some pictures soon. When he sat in it, the first thing he did was point to the garage door and say "Door, Open, Ride Tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought a 1240 Massey
Good to hear your cultivating the next generation of "Fergie" lovers. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I got a box included in the deal. I have three pics, but need to format them for the WEB. I like the tractor, it is light years better than my Kubota. All I will ever need in a tractor.

I am trying to figure a set up to replace the loader bucket, for forks that will exchange easily. I contacted Massey for the cost of a fork kit, and that was $660. (dreamers). I got a set of forks for $30. and will make my own set up. Any suggestions, or experience in that area?

Six......... aka Larry

/ Bought a 1240 Massey
Hey Six, sounds like you got a great deal on a set of forks. About attaching them to your tractor, there are several options depending on how your bucket is mounted and what kind of tools you have access to, welders, torches and a source of scrap steel will sure come in handy when you do this.

I have a Westendorf loader and quick attach bucket on my tractor. Westendorf sells the quick attach mounts seperately for the purpose of building your own custom attachments.

You could go to the dealer and take a picture of the factory setup, take a few measurements and make your own copy or modified version of the original.

I would also look in the Attachments, Customization, Build it yourself and Projects forums here and do a search or ask there if anyone has done this for your particular model already. Even if they haven't built forks for the Massey, I'm sure you can get some good ideas and advice from someone there.

Best of luck and don't forget to let us know how the forks turn out. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif