Both KL102 FEL Lift Cylinders have begun to leak

/ Both KL102 FEL Lift Cylinders have begun to leak #1  

DeanKC

Tractor
Kioti LB1914
While I consider myself a DIY'r, a glance at the exploded view of the cylinder convinces me to have them rebuilt. I have worked this Kioti LB1914 fairly hard for the last 12 of the 22 years of ownership. This is the first leak from the lift cylinders. The bucket cylinders were rebuilt about 10 years ago. While I would prefer to replace them, the cost is prohibitive for OEM, and not sure aftermarket ones exist. Used cylinders, likely stored in an Iowa cornfield for a dozen years...and overpriced, doesn't sound like a grreat idea. D&S Rebuilders is located about 3 miles down the road from me. While D&S have a very good reputation, the condition of my cylinders at the straight end is not so good. If rebuild is $200 each, and new is $1,300, should I consider used if in the $400 range?
1.24 Lift cyl.jpg

/ Both KL102 FEL Lift Cylinders have begun to leak #2  
What do mean by condition of cylinders at straight end is not good? Does this mean the rods are damaged? If rods are damaged a good cylinder repair shop can make new ones to rebuild your current cylinders.

/ Both KL102 FEL Lift Cylinders have begun to leak
What do mean by condition of cylinders at straight end is not good? Does this mean the rods are damaged? If rods are damaged a good cylinder repair shop can make new ones to rebuild your current cylinders.
It's #5, Part #45313, "HEAD Cylinder". See attached. "Wiper" and "U-Cup" seals are inside this part which is where the leak is coming from. BTW, I could not observe a leak on the other side so it may be just this one cylinder leaking.

Attachments

• 1.24 Lift cyl Cyl Head.jpg
    1.24 Lift cyl Cyl Head.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 1.24 Lift cyl Cyl Head 2a.jpg
    1.24 Lift cyl Cyl Head 2a.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 32
   / Both KL102 FEL Lift Cylinders have begun to leak #4  
I would take what you have apart to see if the head cylinder is anything but surface imperfections. If just surface and rods and cylinder bore are not scored rebuild what you have since they are in known condition. Buying used you have no idea what shape the seals or cylinder bore is in.

/ Both KL102 FEL Lift Cylinders have begun to leak #5  
Agree. Take it apart and see what you got