Oil & Fuel Boomer with LS Mtron premature turbo failure in cold weather

/ Boomer with LS Mtron premature turbo failure in cold weather
0W40 as New Holland recommends for oil. Your lack of throttle response is a good sign, that means you have the latest level of software to limit throttle on cold start to help prevent turbo failure. Not knowing what part of the country you are in I would suggest that 0W20 might be too light weight of oil for warm weather operation?

/ Boomer with LS Mtron premature turbo failure in cold weather #22  
Not sure I've ever seen 0w20 diesel engine oil. Course I've never looked for it either.

/ Boomer with LS Mtron premature turbo failure in cold weather
0W40 not 0W20...that's for Honda Civics

/ Boomer with LS Mtron premature turbo failure in cold weather #24  
Subaru uses 0W-20 too. I have been using NH 0W-40 weight diesel oil in my LS XR3135 have over 105 hours on unit approaching second oil change. Have read enough on this forum To know that the Turbo is weakest link in cold northern weather. Thin weight oil much like my blood thinners are required to work correctly and not fail in any weather conditions. Turbo is quite impressive it makes the tractor for sure. I thank the members sharing the information on running 0W-40 oil I have never used this weight of oil before typically used 15W-40 on all prior diesel tractors. This generation requires more attention to detail. Thanks to all shared their posts on turbo failures for LS and NH.

/ Boomer with LS Mtron premature turbo failure in cold weather #25  
0W40 not 0W20...that's for Honda Civics
When rodneyn said, "Since I read your issues I have been using 0w-20", made wonder if it was a typo or he was using the wrong oil in his tractor.