Buying Advice Boomer 8N

/ Boomer 8N #11  
I did not know that. Why didn't that wacky salesman tell me that. Instead, he made up some story about the CVT didn't need split brakes since the tractor was so heavy? Sheesh!

The salesman was probably too lazy to learn about the products he sells and tried to BS you.
Better yet why didn't NH make the dual pedal set up standard?

Last edited:
   / Boomer 8N #12  
..............Better yet why didn't NH make the dual pedal set up standard?

Because marketing didn't think anyone would actually use it on a farm, only Parade Dress.

/ Boomer 8N #13  
My dealer has one decorating his lot out front. We have wealthy summer people coming to their second homes in Maine that may be interested in tootling around on one.

/ Boomer 8N #14  
..............Better yet why didn't NH make the dual pedal set up standard?

Because marketing didn't think anyone would actually use it on a farm, only Parade Dress.

I think you're right. I think they built them just to get people to the dealerships. They've certainly succeeded at doing that, but the dealers are stuck with the over priced things.
If they had left the chrome off, added the dual brake pedals and some remotes as standard equipment, and priced them closer to the rest of their line up and offered the same financing as their other CUTs, they would have sold a bunch of them.

/ Boomer 8N #15  
I think you're right. I think they built them just to get people to the dealerships. They've certainly succeeded at doing that, but the dealers are stuck with the over priced things.
If they had left the chrome off, added the dual brake pedals and some remotes as standard equipment, and priced them closer to the rest of their line up and offered the same financing as their other CUTs, they would have sold a bunch of them.

Pops, if you and I ran New Holland, that's exactly what we would have done. We would have used a nice retro-model tractor to attract buyers and sell them a CVT based product with enough quantity to make this model profitable.:thumbsup:

/ Boomer 8N #16  
Having worked in the auto industry for 30 years .....

The dealer is the manufacturers customer. Once the vehicle is sold to the dealer, their profit is done. The consumer is the dealers customer.

But like some automobiles, the production cost of this tractor may be very high with no expectation to make a profit. Or there is potential profit, but NH is keeping the dealers at a high price to increase walk-in traffic with it's rare critter at a captured location (in front of the store).

Marketing is a very strange crowd who do not think the same as common folk. They are "creative artists", but not in the way of thinking through fixing a hydraulic problem.

Besides, the CVT will be a good option for committeeman Bill when he is pulling the high school float and has to maintain speed, and you certainly don't want him to accidentally press only one wheel's brake and make a right turn into the crowd. They've got this thought out. :thumbsup: :D

/ Boomer 8N #17  
Besides, the CVT will be a good option for committeeman Bill when he is pulling the high school float and has to maintain speed, and you certainly don't want him to accidentally press only one wheel's brake and make a right turn into the crowd. They've got this thought out. :thumbsup: :D

WOW! I think you just gave me a EUREKA! moment. Now I understand completely the train of thought behind the pedal layout.:confused2::confused2::laughing:

/ Boomer 8N #19  
Considering neither the bucket or cutter's paint has been scratched, I guess this was bought as an investment item ....

From the ad >>>>With a limited production run of approximately 1000 units, this Tractor is guaranteed to appreciate in value! :D

The value of any collectible is always greater when it's all original paint.

/ Boomer 8N #20  
Well, New Holland sold at least one of them. But it looks as though the buyer had second thoughts, he resold it after 10 hours use. I have to admit it is one pretty tractor, but is sure doesn't seem to be worth the price.

New Holland Boomer 8N Limited Edition w/ Free Mower - eBay (item 290426672604 end time Apr-25-10 19:30:22 PDT)

This particular seller has advertised this tractor for quite a long time, I'm thinking I first saw this ad around August or September, 2009.