Boomer 24 Surprise

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #11  
Buyer beware boomer24 hydrostatic transmission throws off a lot of heat. I know I've owned a 2017 for 4 years. It's OK if you mow grass when it's 40F out, because it will keep you warm.

/ Boomer 24 Surprise #12  
Hello everyone.

I'm in the market for a 20-25 HP sub-compact tractor with just a FEL. I've been doing my research and have tested the BX2380, 1025R and CS2510 thus far. I'll get to the other brands in the coming days.

I stopped by the New Holland dealer today to test their Workmaster but they didn't have any left. What he did have and showed me was two 2017 Boomer 24's with FEL. He said NH dropped 8 of them on him to get rid of (he's sold 6). He said he wasn't spending any time or money to make them presentable so there was some peeling stickers and a few rust discoloration on the white rims. Nothing major. Not sure if his story is legitimate or not but whatever. He was selling them for $12700 cash. Full warranty once purchased since these are new tractors with 0 hours. I drove it around. Definitely a solid tractor. Seemed beefy.

What are your guy's thoughts on a) buying a tractor that has been in a lot for 3 years but with full warranty 2) the Boomer compared to the Workmaster equivalent 3) the price?

Thanks for the input.

I don't know that model, but if you do your research and like the tractor and the FEL then sitting for a few years wouldn't bother me at all. Tractors are built in bunches and warehoused until sold anyway.
Being in a flood might worry me....but most floods aren't tractor tall. I'd take a serious look for water marks and if I could find a high water mark below the middle of the tractor I might just chance it.
If you are on a budget you have to take some chances; a full warranty is nice.
Keep in mind that I'm an old mechanic, so I expect to handle minor issues myself.
rScotty