Bolt-on fork question

/ Bolt-on fork question #1  

Klipper

Tractor
2018 Kioti CK2510
I am looking at Titan Bolt-on bucket forks. Don't need them a lot except for moving brush and occasional lifting.

Not sure if the ones with the 30" forks are enough for lifting pallets or if I have to go with the ones that have the 43" forks.

Any opinions on which length is more useful? I was kinda leaning towards the shorter ones...

/ Bolt-on fork question #2  
Depends on your anticipated function. 30 inch will still lift a 42” pallet if the weight distribution is wide and depending on weight. The tips will rise (be lifted) into the deck of the pallet, if there is one. If it’s 200 lbs, it’s a not difficult situation, as if it’s 1200 lbs or more.
You’re probably limited by your bucket, 30” is my suggestion. Longer , my lead you to damage your bucket.

/ Bolt-on fork question #3  
You will lose lots of lift capacity as you get further in front of your bucket. I assume you have a pin on bucket, if so the clamp on forks are a easy way to lift light loads and carry brush. Unless your usage is huge brush piles where the extra length comes in to play, the 30” forks will limit what you try to pick up snd help to protect you bucket from getting the smiley face effect.

/ Bolt-on fork question #4  
I purchased a set of bolt on forks, I used them 1 time for moving 3 pallets of brick/block. They are 'ok', but even though I will seldom use them, now i wish I had just purchased a SSQA fork attachment from Landpride, etc.

/ Bolt-on fork question #5  
If I ever found a pair of clamp on forks, used at a VERY good price, I would use them as a place to start to construct homemade brush forks..

Otherwise to move pallets of firewood and boxes of books, I use quick attach forks..

/ Bolt-on fork question #6  
I went with a 42 inch clamp on fork set. Most of my volume lifting is doing tree limbs and associated brush. Lifting heavy "things" is usually loaded close to the bucket (pin on) . I wouldn't want to try lifting pallets of bricks with this set up.....at least not very often. Probably the capacity of the FEL would be exceeded anyway.

Cheers,
Mike 310.JPG1644.JPG1987.JPG

Last edited:
   / Bolt-on fork question #7  
I had a set and they are tough to use on pallets...well at least for me. You cannot see what you are doing. OK if you have a "spotter" or a camera.

Lent them to a buddy after I got the LS and added SSQA. He bent them the first day moving large logs.

Get the shorter ones IMHO

/ Bolt-on fork question
I only use the tractor about 15-20 hours a YEAR, and it is a Kioti 25hp CUT. So the forks won't be used to lift any super-heavy pallets. Probably mostly used to move brush, and maybe a medium weigh pallet load. Now that I consider it more, the longer ones might be better for what I want to do. Easier to see out there in front. ?

I know you can brace them with chains. Can you give them a little extra support just using ratchet straps?

/ Bolt-on fork question #9  
I only use the tractor about 15-20 hours a YEAR, and it is a Kioti 25hp CUT. So the forks won't be used to lift any super-heavy pallets. Probably mostly used to move brush, and maybe a medium weigh pallet load. Now that I consider it more, the longer ones might be better for what I want to do. Easier to see out there in front. ?

I know you can brace them with chains. Can you give them a little extra support just using ratchet straps?

If you can attach your straps to the forks and secure them to the bucket as well, sure you can.

/ Bolt-on fork question #10  

Just for future reference and to make our replies more relevant, please put your tractor brand and model number under your eyeball picture where it says Tractor: