Bolens QT16 oil pan

/ Bolens QT16 oil pan #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
Help: I have the Onan 16HP where a push rod or bearing is not moving one of the cylinders. The other side works and the engine runs but with a heavy knocking. I have removed the engine and have down loaded the repair manual and in order to get to the push rod the oil pan has to be removed. There is no oil pan on the bottom of the engine. It is solid with the 4 bolt holes to secure the engine to the frame. The only options are to either remove the large fly wheel then several housing bolts or the other side where the electric PTO clutch is attached to a drive shaft then 4 bolts holding the cover. I need guidance as to what direction to go,
Thanks

/ Bolens QT16 oil pan
IMG_0077.JPGIMG_0080.JPGIMG_0082.JPGIMG_0083.JPGIMG_0084.JPGOOps: Finally figured it out. The manual didn't really help so I tipped the engine over and fopund that the 4 bolts holding the oil pan were deeply recessed and the bottom looked like it was the engine mounting bolt holes. the pan came off easily and ssure nough thwe push rod was in pieces. Now the question is does the crankshaft need to be replaced or will it survive with a few scratches on its bearing surface. I'll provide a few views to let you all see what it looks like and hopefully you will provide some advice as to where and how to go.
Thanks