Bolens Huski Gardener

/ Bolens Huski Gardener #1  

ZetorSteve

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor 5211
So after sitting in this shed for 8 years now I convinced my dad to sell this two wheel tractor. I have a picture of my dad at the handle bars of this exact machine in 1964! I rebuilt the engine about 9 years ago when I rebuilt the whole drivetrain, paint, tires and so on. It has a 42" dozer blade, 42" sickle, cultivator, moldboard plow, and a homemade sulky. Has another complete parts machine too.

My question is what would you value this as a whole group? The green one will be running at time of sale. Where would I get the best traffic for a sale thread? Not just here but on the whole internet. Was thinking just putting it on eBay.

Here are a few pics of it in the shed. Of course I'll pull it all out and get many detailed pictures before the official sale.

PXL_20220221_222516711.jpg
PXL_20220221_223132423.jpg
PXL_20220221_223137667.jpg

/ Bolens Huski Gardener #2  
You will one day regret selling that machine. As you said, you have pictures of your dad running that machine 57 years ago. You could keep it and pass it on to your kids with a picture of you running it, along with papaw running it. It will still perform all the tasks it originally did. And for what? For a little money, that loses value every day.

Keep it, of you can! Good luck.

/ Bolens Huski Gardener #4  
Facebook Marketplace seems to have overtaken Craigslist as the go to place for selling locally.

/ Bolens Huski Gardener #5  
Check out Bolens website board they might be able to help in your quest.

/ Bolens Huski Gardener
You will one day regret selling that machine. As you said, you have pictures of your dad running that machine 57 years ago. You could keep it and pass it on to your kids with a picture of you running it, along with papaw running it. It will still perform all the tasks it originally did. And for what? For a little money, that loses value every day.

Keep it, of you can! Good luck.
I completly agree

Problem is room to store it all and no interest in it from any family members. I've made worse decisions before. It sits in a shed I pass by at least twice a day and forget it's there many times. You are correct it does still do it's job as intended but it is very not user friendly and can wear you our quickly. I have way more modern and efficient machines I use now.

Time for someone else's family to make memories with it.

• Good Post
Reactions: Lnk
   / Bolens Huski Gardener
Check out Bolens website board they might be able to help in your quest.

Do you have a link? I googled "Bolens website board" and just came up with nothing.

• Good Post
Reactions: Lnk