Bobsled run

/ Bobsled run #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Sorry I have no pics yet, but I spent the day out in my very steep meadow creating a sled run. We have a foot of snow on the ground now, so I figured I could get a head start on the banked curves, etc, before the real snow arrives. Wasn't sure how Clementine would handle it, so started out driving uphill on the theory that if she got stuck I could always back down the hill to the garage. No problem at all, though. Those Norse ice chains gave excellent traction and even aerated the lawn under all that snow! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Man is this course FAST! I only have about seven acres clear on my hill, so I started at the top corner, ran straight for about 100 yards then banked off the woodpile and again off a big granite boulder before rocketing down past the chicken coop into the lower field! Holy cow! The only problem is one of the curves is too tight, so if I don't enter it just right I go rocketing over the banked snow and go airborne about five feet before hitting the powder and coming to a very cold halt with snow in places is doesn't belong! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

I think tomorrow I'll try to straighten out that wicked curve. So far I've only made it all the way one time; usually I crash and burn at deadman's curve. Wow, this is fun! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Pete

www.GatewayToVermont.com

/ Bobsled run #2  
Wow! Your own bobsled run!! Awesome!!!

animation1.gif

/ Bobsled run #3  
That does sound like fun, Pete./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif You sure won't see anything like that in my part of the country. 70 degrees and sunny right now, but supposed to turn "cold" tonight; get below freezing at night./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Bobsled run #4  
And who said were growing old./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Bobsled run #5  
Pete,
There must be a contradiction in here somewhere. Lets see... run tractor uphill to be safe, keep seatbelt fastened, take it slow and easy to stay out of trouble.
Then: Jump on bobsled, lickety split downhill to deadmans curve, go airborne 5 feet...#$%@* wham bang.

Nope couldn't find any. Sounds like a hoot/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Al

/ Bobsled run #6  
Bird,
Sounds like your long over due for a taste of winter.
1.Playing in the snow
2.Verison meal
3.Home made spirit./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
4.Good old wood heat.
5.Plow some snow etc../w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif
6.Oh yes..all the coffee you want.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Bobsled run #7  
Pete,
Did you ever bobsled professionally? My best friend was an Olympic bobsledder and the one man sled. He is now the coach.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ Bobsled run #8  
Yep, Thomas, you're right. I guess one outa six ain't too good; I do have plenty of coffee./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

BirdSig.jpg

/ Bobsled run #9  
For just a second there I thought you were talking 'bout your tractor /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif !! Then I reread the subject /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I'M KIDDING!! That does sound like a blast.

mark
markcg_sig.gif
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by markcg2000 on 12/22/01 05:18 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Bobsled run #10  
Boondox
That's a Great Project! Sounds like a blast!
regards
Mutt