Bobcat Wiper Motor?

/ Bobcat Wiper Motor? #1  

CJTOM

Anyone ever have trouble with the wiper on an enclosed cab Bobcat? I have a S185, and the wiper motor is slow, and sometimes won't work at all. I pulled everything apart, and it works fine on the workbench. I guess the load of the blade and friction with the glass are too much. The machine is like new <200hrs. I am surprised that the wiper motor is already going bad. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

/ Bobcat Wiper Motor? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The machine is like new <200hrs. )</font>

With a machine that new, I think that would be a warranty repair. Check with your dealer.

/ Bobcat Wiper Motor?
Well, the machine is nice and new, but I am the 3rd owner, and there isn't any warranty left. I got a price of $107 for the Motor from the dealer. I am going to check around.

Thanks,
Tom

/ Bobcat Wiper Motor? #4  
You say it works OK on the bench?

I would check grounding. Should be bare metal to bare metal. Willing to bet there is some paint messing up the continuity.

Another method would be to run a test wire from the battery negative (or a known good ground (alternator frame, engine block)) directly to the wiper frame.
If that fails to prove the fault do the same test with a hot wire directly from battery to power input to wiper.

Could be as simple as a loose screw on a switch or other connector.

Good luck!

/ Bobcat Wiper Motor?
The wiper motor would work on the Bobcat also, just didn't have any power. I am sure that the brushes were probably gone. I replaced the motor and put the old one on the shelf. Replacement cost was $115. If the new one doesn't last I will look into having them repaired instead of replacing them.

Thanks,