Bobcat Orange

/ Bobcat Orange #1  

Omnipotent

Bronze Member
Guys, I just bought a used LP mower and it needs a bit of TLC, so I am painting it and figured I'd go with Bobcat Orange...I know about Valspar Autumn Crush is a good match for Bobcat Orange, but being in spray cans I look at this as more of a touch-up rather than to use it to paint a 7ft mower.

I was at Tractor Supply and they have Kubota and AC Orange, in gallons for implements and was wondering:

Has anyone used Autumn Crush to paint an entire implement?

Between K and AC orange, which is a better match to Bobcat Orange?

Any other Orange you would use to paint an implement?

Thanks

/ Bobcat Orange #2  
Guys, I just bought a used LP mower and it needs a bit of TLC, so I am painting it and figured I'd go with Bobcat Orange...I know about Valspar Autumn Crush is a good match for Bobcat Orange, but being in spray cans I look at this as more of a touch-up rather than to use it to paint a 7ft mower.

I was at Tractor Supply and they have Kubota and AC Orange, in gallons for implements and was wondering:

Thanks

Autumn Crush is a perfect match for Kubota Orange. Not sure how that compares to Bobcat orange.

/ Bobcat Orange #3  

Thanks

Take look at Chevy engine orange too. It might be close to what you're looking for. I painted (touched up) an RFM and it matched almost perfectly.

/ Bobcat Orange #4  
maybe check out your hardware stores paint dept. our local ace store will computer match a chip of paint and mix rustolem enamel paint

/ Bobcat Orange
OK, so next question...for painting an entire implement would you spray can it, paint spray it or brush it on? I'm priming it right now and using spray cans and not sure if I want to do this to paint the entire thing as it would take many coats (cans) to get it thick enough.

Thoughts?

/ Bobcat Orange #6  
I,d order a quart of enamel paint thin it about a third and spray it if you have a compressure and gun.Much cheaper than spray cans and better coverage,hope this helps ya out:)Dave

/ Bobcat Orange #9  
i agree with crusty use a spray gun it will be much faster and you will get better coverage i would also look at going to an automotive paint supply company and get a quart of pre-mixed paint and all you have to do is pour it in your gun and start spraying.The spray guns they sell at harbor frieght work very well i've used my $15.00 one a few times and it worked great.Get the one with the plastic paint resivoir on top and it will work good not sure if they are hvlp guns or not.:thumbsup:i just looked it up on there web site item#47016 and it is hvlp

/ Bobcat Orange #10  
OK, so next question...for painting an entire implement would you spray can it, paint spray it or brush it on? I'm priming it right now and using spray cans and not sure if I want to do this to paint the entire thing as it would take many coats (cans) to get it thick enough.

Thoughts?

I would spray it with a spray gun if you have that option. Spray cans would take a long time and it would be hard to get a good wet coat. Just in case you are not equipped to paint with a spray gun, I recently painted an old trailer I have with a roller. I was not looking for a perfect job, so I used a spray can for corners and hard to reach areas, and painted all the bigger, flat areas with a foam paint roller. The trailer turned out looking much better than I expected. As for the orange paint, I have used Simplicity lawn tractor orange on some of my implement wheels. It is almost a perfect match for the Bobcat orange. You can buy it from a Simplicity dealer in spray cans or quarts. Hope this helps