Bobcat CT335 Front Axle Seal replacement

/ Bobcat CT335 Front Axle Seal replacement #1  

Omnipotent

Bronze Member
I posted this in the Bobcat forum, but that's getting little traffic, hope hear gets a few more eyes, as I don't think it's Bobcat specific issue:

OK folks...think the problem just got more expensive....turns out the issue is in the following: View attachment 663372

#7 Bearing was shredded, that in turn caused group #2 to shred and then the real issue....#1 on the base of the axle shaft there is a small (1/16 maybe 1/8 nick) and (it gets worse) #5 where it seats against #1 is all eaten up and chunks missing.

I could grasp pictures if needed but I think the diagram and my explanation should suffice....the question is #5, that's all integrated as one piece, correct? I can't press out the damaged pieces and replace just them? Regarding the nick on #1, does that nick require replacement of that as well, or can I sand it relatively smooth (ie, take away the edges) or would that ruin the seal for the #2 group.

I think I know these answers, just hoping that someone else has some real word experience.

Thanks