Bobcat 743 fuel problem

/ Bobcat 743 fuel problem #1  

speedfrk

Tractor
bobcat 743 skidsteer
I have a bobcat 743 with a kubota diesel engine. Today out of the blue the engine lost power, ran rough, like it was loaded up and stalled. I had recently filled up with off road fuel so thinking it might be the fuel, I Changed fuel filter, drained and washed out fuel tank, replaced fuel lines in tank, filled up with new diesel, bled the air out of the system. Got it running, will run at an idle, but when idled up, it starts to run rough and will stall. It will not restart after, once it sits for a few minutes, it will restart, idles alittle but then the same symptoms occur. Any suggestions please.

/ Bobcat 743 fuel problem #2  
Does it have a fuel shut off solenoid? If for some reason the solenoid has no voltage , shorted wire, loose wire, etc, then no fuel will flow. Does fuel drip out of the fuel filter with the filter off, and is there fuel at the output of the fuel filter?

Where is the fuel filter in relation to the shutoff solenoid, if it has one?

/ Bobcat 743 fuel problem
Thank you all for your replies....but I think I found out the issue.....The freaking gas cap!! Apparently this is a common problem. I guess the gas cap goes bad, gets clogged or something, and will not let air get into the tank, basically causing the fuel system to vacuum lock. I read this in some of the forums, so I took my cap off, washed it with solvent, blew air thru it, and put it back on...ran good for a while then started to sputter and loose power....while it was still running, I quickly took the gas cap off completely and it smoothed right out and ran great afterwards. I plan on drilling two small 1/8 holes in the cap to let it get air in until I can get another cap. We shall see.