Bobcat 3400XL Diesel need help with Engine.

/ Bobcat 3400XL Diesel need help with Engine. #1  

GuglioLS

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jinma 354, 1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee, Komatsu Bulldozer
Help! I have a 2012 Bobcat UTV 3400XL diesel with a Yanmar 3 cyl Diesel Engine model 3TNM72-APL Made by Polaris for Bobcat. After 2000 hours, the head gasket is blown, over heating, hot exhaust gasses bubbling out radiator. Rather than trying to fix that (engine and must be pulled to remove head) I can get a complete new old stock engine for reasonable price. However the model of that new old stock engine is 3TNM72-APB. Does anyone know the difference between a 3TNM72- APL and 3TNM72-APB engine model? I have called Yanmar engine several times, they never return my calls. I downloaded a Yanmar 3TNM72 spec sheet but it does not list the old engine model dash numbers.

On a side note I have tried to order a new Polaris Ranger 1000 crew Winter Prep addition 6 weeks ago. The Dealer mishandled the order so bad the order was never placed. Now that they have things "kind of sorted out" the lead time is 6 to 8 months. I, my dogs and horses cannot live without a working UTV so I must fix the old one.

All the best to everyone out there in tractor and UTV land........

Larry G