bobcat 334 case drain filter replace help

/ bobcat 334 case drain filter replace help #1  

Fama Dave

Tractor
Kubota 2920
Hi, I'm going through my new (to me - 5K hrs.) bobcat 334 excavator making sure all maintenance is done as a starting base. I'm stuck at getting a wrench or anything on the case drain filter to remove it. Completely surrounded by hoses and brackets. All my filter wrenches take up all open space tightening with nothing left for turning. For something that should be regularly changed I can't see having to removing hoses or brackets and introducing new possible leaks as the approved method. The filter case is smooth so a socket like end tool wouldn't have anything to grip, I don't have the right size anyway. Not knowing how stuck it is I'm not fond of the total commit pound a screw driver through it method. :)
I'm hoping one of you experienced in doing this knows a trick or maybe a homemade tool or something to make this straight forward.

thanks
Dave

/ bobcat 334 case drain filter replace help #2  
Amazon.com Maybe this filter wrench will work...

/ bobcat 334 case drain filter replace help #3  
IMG_3911.png

Try this I’ve had good luck with them

/ bobcat 334 case drain filter replace help
OK so DUH I've solved my problem. The first main hydraulic filter is in the way and when you remove it a lot of fluid drains out from the radiator. Metal connection so you can't clamp it to prevent it. I had just quickly put the new replacement one on to stop it leaking. Then well I couldn't get at the second case drain filter. Well with the main one out of the way you do have clearance to get a wrench on the case drain filter behind it. At least in the off direction which is most important. Putting new case drain filter on hand tight 3/4 turn is possible if you keep everything clean and have grip gloves. And then, put the new main filter on. Just have to be ready with something to catch the fluid, its not that much, a milk bottle with a cut out fit in and worked fine.
It was raining, and getting dark and and... ok no, I just wasn't thinking, DUH. I will be getting one of the suggested wrenches anyway, can't have too many tools, right?