Bobcat 225 nt with s32p?

/ Bobcat 225 nt with s32p? #1  

Claytonfarms

Tractor
Ford 550 TLB
Has anyone else run into this?

I purchased a used Bobcat 225NT, it came with a Miller S32P suitcase mig. I am not that familiar with the mobile units. I tried to use the S32P this weekend and it would power up but would not feed any wire. I took it to my local welding shop so they could have a look. Turns out the S23P I have has a 14 pin connector on it, the Bobcat does not. Apparently the S32P will not run the feeder without the 14 pin connector to run power to the drive motor.

Does anyone know how to make this setup work? I have seen a few twist lock to 14 pin connector harnesses but i am unsure if it will work and I do not want to burn up either machine.

Thanks

/ Bobcat 225 nt with s32p?
That is what everyone thought but the S32 motor will not feed with just the weld and ground cables connected. The weld shop connected the 14 pin and everything works. Neither Miller or the local guys think the 14 pin should be there but it is.

/ Bobcat 225 nt with s32p? #4  
Little over my head here:confused:. Maybe try calling the seller and ask how he made the two work together.

/ Bobcat 225 nt with s32p?
I do not have his info now. It has been a few months since I purchased the unit. Turns out that the S32 was special ordered with the 14 pin. I can only assume the S32 was origionally used with a Trailblazer or similar machine with the 14 pin on it. Possibly it is used to keep the wire cold?

/ Bobcat 225 nt with s32p? #6  
It's been years since I used a Bobcat, and that was for stick welding only. I used some of the very first versions of the S32Ps when they first came out. All voltage sensing feeders. Maybe PM Arc Weld, of Yomax4 both of them work in welding supplies, maybe they know of an adapter you can buy. Or you may have to take everything into the welding repair shop to see if can even be done.