Blown hose on skidsteer blower

/ Blown hose on skidsteer blower #1  

seville009

Veteran Member
Have an Erskine 2000 72” snowblower on my skidsteer; purchased it new in 2009. No issues; solid snowblower.

However, I blew a hydraulic hose on it a few days ago.

Turns out that the hose was slightly touching a metal support all these years, and it was slowly being worn thtough due to the vibrations/movement until it finally burst.

It was in a spot that I never would have thought to look at, and it was on the underside if the hose (which was also underneath another hose).

So…..this is just a PSA to others with similarly plumbed/routed hydraulic hoses to check the underside to see if it is wearing through.

One picture shows the hole in the hose (hard to see, but it wore through the metal strands in the hose)

The other picture has an arrow pointing to the affected hose (the bottom hose), which was slightly touching that black metal piece (with the four bolts in it)

9DF4D99D-0EA5-49EC-BE78-790CC565365E.jpeg
837AC5B1-D8EC-4621-B816-0F6B725BCCAB.jpeg

/ Blown hose on skidsteer blower #2  
Surprised they didn't zip tie a split radiator hose or shield of some kind there?

/ Blown hose on skidsteer blower #3  
Surprised they didn't zip tie a split radiator hose or shield of some kind there?
That would mean they would need to take extra steps in the manufacturers process.

Bend those pipes up a bit.

/ Blown hose on skidsteer blower
That would mean they would need to take extra steps in the manufacturers process.

Bend those pipes up a bit.

Can’t bend them; think it would put too much stress on them with the hose attached.

I put a piece of rubber between the new hose and that metal piece. The old hose lasted about 14 years before it burst, so this should outlast me…..

I mainly wanted to give a heads to others that have a similar setup.

/ Blown hose on skidsteer blower #5  
On my unit, i loosened the fittings where those tubes attached to the motor and swung them up a bit, then retightened them…to prevent chafing. Didnt have to bend anything.