Blow no go

/ Blow no go #1  

Farmwithjunk

Tractor
Where do I begin.....
My shop needs to be clean! That's all there is to it. I use a Stihl HS85 leaf blower to keep the dust and dirt OUTSIDE.

That's where the problem starts.

The blower is 2-1/2 years old. Never missed a beat....until this morning.

It took about 4 or 5 minutes to get it to "throttle up". It started fine, and runs to about half throttle just like normal.

I tried to use it again, about half an hour ago. Same results, except it wouldn't go over half throttle no matter how long it ran. It revs nice and crisp. Starts like a new one. Just won't rev out. I tried mixing new fuel. Checked the spark arrestor (to make certain it wasn't clogged)

If I take it to the shop, they'll hit me for more than the entire leaf blower cost new.

GIMME SOME HINTS!

/ Blow no go #2  
high speed circuit in carb stopped up. remove carb, spray every passage with berrymans carb spray and blow out with compressed air if you have it. don't change any of the settings without counting # turns til seated and return to same setting. reinstall and light the fire.........

/ Blow no go
Had this slow, sinking feeling that's what was wrong. Me and carbs don't get along. Guess I'm off to the 24/7 auto parts store after dinner. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how things work out.

/ Blow no go
Faster'n a speeding bullit! Went to Auto Zone for the Berrymans carb cleaner, pulled the carb. Blasted it out, took air gun to it, clean fuel, and CLEAN SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Good job Strokerduster!

Runs like a new one!

Many thnks.

(And all in a matter of one hour!)

/ Blow no go #5  
The fee for Sunday Consultations is double time. Please remit double nothing in the morning or we will turn you over for collection. The collection agent is a cannibal who hasn't had a good meal in a while.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif