Blew out another turf tire

/ Blew out another turf tire #21  
It’s vented pretty decently. I just think the 3” minus is too hard on it. Its pretty much a lawn mower tire. I guess the question is do I think a tube will hold up or do I just swap em all out?
I use industrial tires on my tractors and turf on my X495 Deere Lawn Mower. Never had a problem with either and both tractors have loaders. I also try to stay out of areas with sharp pointed sticks sticking up.

You are down to use intended and ride quality wanted. If you are going to use the unit as a combo unit, tractor, loader and mower the industrial tire would in my opinion be a good choice. Remember though that the ride quality will be more harsher. You will also have to limit using four wheel drive to when needed when mowing the lawn and slow down on turns because the industrials are more aggressive and will do more damage than turfs to grass lawns if one tries to drive like the unit is equipped with turf tires.

/ Blew out another turf tire #22  
Me, I'd get a new set of rims/r4's, and try selling the loaded turfs on fb marketplace or whatever.

I hope this thread gets enough attention from prospective buyers, as a cautionary tale. Unless you're only going to use your tractor for mowing and moving mulch around or whatever, don't let that salesguy talk you into turfs, no way!

/ Blew out another turf tire #23  
Myself If I was getting new tires my preference would be R14's, R1's then Turf and in last place R4's.
I've only operated a few tractors with R4's and have never been impressed with them and often cussed them.

/ Blew out another turf tire
Me, I'd get a new set of rims/r4's, and try selling the loaded turfs on fb marketplace or whatever.

I hope this thread gets enough attention from prospective buyers, as a cautionary tale. Unless you're only going to use your tractor for mowing and moving mulch around or whatever, don't let that salesguy talk you into turfs, no way!

I’m usually the last guy to believe a salesman too. I never do that and it’s gonna cost me quite a bit as a result!

Where can I get rims for this thing? I know the size but don’t know what to look for.

/ Blew out another turf tire #26  
Myself If I was getting new tires my preference would be R14's, R1's then Turf and in last place R4's.
I've only operated a few tractors with R4's and have never been impressed with them and often cussed them.
I'm on my phone so cant see what tractor u got. I will say on the GC series tractors, the r4 works great. Maybe it's a different make tire, but I don't experience the complaints Kubota and JD people do...works great on dirt, snow, and grass. People max out their tire pressures on r4 tires, that's the problem...a lot of complaints about them is actually user error.

/ Blew out another turf tire #27  
I’m usually the last guy to believe a salesman too. I never do that and it’s gonna cost me quite a bit as a result!
That sux a little, you'll be fine man. Some people do worse purchase mistakes when buying these machines.

I'm on my phone so cant see what tractor u got. I will say on the GC series tractors, the r4 works great. Maybe it's a different make tire, but I don't experience the complaints Kubota and JD people do...works great on dirt, snow, and grass. People max out their tire pressures on r4 tires, that's the problem...a lot of complaints about them is actually user error.
I have a 1725mb.

/ Blew out another turf tire #29  
Had I known about the R-14s, I likely would have bought them. However, after punching too many turf tires on my last tractor, I went for the R-4s and have not been unhappy. They may mark up the lawn a bit, but I can deal with it, since I have mowed some nasty places and haven't punche one.