Black lever on M7040

/ Black lever on M7040 #1  

moored4

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota l245dt, l3540, 8N
The last few days i have been driving a M7040! Nice tractor but my question is on the left hand side of the sterring collom right below the forward/reverse lever there is a lever that is black and 'padle' shaped, What is it for and how do you operate it? It looks like that it should move in the up/down direction. thanks! No I don't have the OP manual and the two other men on the job that drive the tractor more than me don't know as much as I do! so no help there!

/ Black lever on M7040 #2  
Is it a hi low lever? I have seen one on GL3240 but I got rabbit on display and that was helpful. My understanding is this is for FEL work.

/ Black lever on M7040
Thanks for the imput but the tractor has booth of those functions and other levers to activate them. I called the dealer and his son was there and He didn't know, he's young, he'll learn, I'll call back when his dad is there! and thanks again!

/ Black lever on M7040 #5  
Is it a big black paddle? If so that is to protect the shuttle leaver from getting inadvertently knocked. Could be dangerous if it was knocked.

/ Black lever on M7040 #6  
kuboman said:
Is it a big black paddle? If so that is to protect the shuttle leaver from getting inadvertently knocked. Could be dangerous if it was knocked.

X2

It is just a guard.

/ Black lever on M7040 #7  

x3,its in case you gotta big butt:laughing:....

/ Black lever on M7040

X2

It is just a guard.

Ok! that makes sense:thumbsup: Cause I looked at it and there is no allowance for motion! So It's "the big black PADLE GUARD" protector of the shuttle. :cool:

/ Black lever on M7040 #10  
X4; same thing on our 8540.