Bird, wish I could send some your way

/ Bird, wish I could send some your way #1  

PaulB

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B1700 HST
Is it still dry in Texas? Today we had the most viscious downpours I think I have ever seen - must have dropped 4 inches of rain in an hour. Found a few MORE leaks in the barn roof ($$$$), but the hay should be great this year if it dries up at baling time. Hope you guys get some of this wet stuff soon.

/ Bird, wish I could send some your way #2  
I wish you could send us some of that rain, too. I did get 2.18" spread over the first 4 days of this month and it was a tremendous help, but we could use some more. I did some watering in the garden yesterday. The last time I got 4" in one day was 1/29/99./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Bird, wish I could send some your way #3  
Paul,

I think the storm that gave you all that rain found it's way to me in SE Mass. We have had some of the most incredible thunderstorms in the past few days... (probobly nothing like they get in Texas/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif though). It seems that here it is always extreem. Last summer it was so dry, I lost most of my lawn. Couldn't keep up with the watering. This spring, we have had more rain than you could imagine and what lawn I have left was about a foot high before I could get out to cut it. And with the rain, comes the mosquitos (back on bugs again). I complain a lot about the weather, but it really is one of the things I love about living here. The changes are often dramatic. Tuesday, I went to a Red Sox game. Left from work and it was 92 degrees outside the building. By the time the game ended (50 miles away from work) the temperature was in the low 50's. I left my jacket at work thinking there's no way I'll need it. I froze my A@@ off at the game! The old New England saying is "if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes....it will change"

Mike.

/ Bird, wish I could send some your way #4  
We had quite a thunderstorm this evening; sure got loud, tornado watch, etc.. Just wish we'd had some rain to go with that thunder, but nary a drop./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird