Bilsteins worked wonders on Suburban 2500

/ Bilsteins worked wonders on Suburban 2500 #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
We towed a small boat trailer with our new Suburban 3/4 ton with leaf rear springs and were surprised how bouncy and pogo-ey it was on interstate undulating concrete. The oem shocks seemed to control bounce ok, but jounce was useless. The dealer suggested Bilsteins, and I'm very glad I took their advice. For only about 80 bucks a shock, they have transformed the ride of the Suburban. As I have a new Kubota tractor on order and want to haul it some distance a few times, I really didn't want that out of control feeling.
C'mon GM. How about spending ten bucks more per shock? When they went to take off the originals with all of 2900 miles on them, when they disconnected the lower bolt on a front shock, the whole innards came crashing down on the floor, leaving just the empty case attached at top. Not very reassuring and one thing I'm sure I won't worry about with Bilsteins.
I have used KYB before on other vehicles and found them helpful but stiff; the Bilsteins simply improved the ride all around. Highly recommended. DA

/ Bilsteins worked wonders on Suburban 2500 #2  
That really is a pain - maybe they were just defective? At least you have it squared away and working better than originally designed!