Big Tractor Wussies

/ Big Tractor Wussies #1  

Bob_in_Ma

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of action here on the Lawn & Garden Tractor forum...........I guess that's because REAL men don't need big compact tractors to accomplish their tasks and are able to do it with lawn or garden tractors...........the guys with the compacts must just be a bunch of Wussies !

(now THAT should create some action......hehehe)

/ Big Tractor Wussies #2  
Bob,

If all you want is some action post something like "GT mower kicks BX butt". That otta wake up the compact "wussies"/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Maybe the reason the action is slow, all the folks with the smaller tractors are still trying to get the job done where the compact guy's finished yesterday and are now on TBN relaxing.
Al

/ Big Tractor Wussies #3  
Bob, the real key is to have both! In the summer my wife can be bush hogging with the compact and I'll do the detail cutting with the lawn tractor. This time of year my lawn tractor actually gets more use than my compact. The little Craftsman has a snowblower which works quite well and every now and then I get to play on my Deere to move snow piles and clear around the mailboxes. If/when I get a blower for the Deere I'll let the Craftsman hibernate for the winter.

Only thing the little one needs is that diesel aroma /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Big Tractor Wussies #4  
I think somebody got a tad touch of cabin fever. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Big Tractor Wussies #5  
hmmm nice comment Bob. We'll have to put the collective TBN braintrust to work on that.

/ Big Tractor Wussies #6  
I think once that grass starts growing we'll get a little more action here. You remember that problem you had last year but were able to make it till winter? Bad belt/noisey pulley/jumped out switch? Well, it's still there. Remember how you were going to drain the gas on that push mower/riding mower/tiller? Ah, forgot to do that. Now I have spark but it won't start/runs but I have to keep the choke closed. Spring is just around the corner. (I hope)

/ Big Tractor Wussies #7  
<font color=red>Maybe the reason the action is slow, all the folks with the smaller tractors are still trying to get the job done where the compact guy's finished yesterday and are now on TBN relaxing.</font color=red>

Ya, but we are out getting in some more tractor time./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Big Tractor Wussies #8  
Paul,

Point well made/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. I have a David Bradley "Suburban" that has served me well for 15 years. It still does some things better than any of my "bigger tractors"
Al

/ Big Tractor Wussies #9  
And there is a lot to be said about doing big tractor work, with a small tractor. Eaven if its a little slower.

Oh, and also, garden tractors are cheaper. This means you can have a few, and the wife wont kill you./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Big Tractor Wussies #10  
Paul, don't let your wife decide your tractor. I was at a fly-in a few years back and was looking at a beautiful RV6 that had a sign hung on the prop--- girlfriend needed, must like airplanes. Seems his previous wife did not and so now she is not! Perhaps this could apply to your tractor shopping! Just a thought! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif . Could open up whole new horizons. J