Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #81  
i know many here will not agree with this article, but just to stir the pot.... inho increased size of the pickup over the years to the now monstrous has posed safety hazards for pedestrians. add all the small vehicles now on public roads (i hate scooters, etc) only increases risk.
we have a voracious appetite for power/size/creature comfort, which is ok in iteslf. but there are blind spots on these larger trucks, & the increased power & creature comfort sometimes makes us unaware of our surroundings...add our thirst for social media while driving & it makes a recipe for disaster

(this comment is not intended for those who depend on larger pickups for their trade, etc. just for the mall cruisers in crowded areas)
your thoughts? the link should work
Actually, I feel much safer driving in my 3/4 ton super duty

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #82  
I dare say that many are owned (mine is bigger than yours) are only ego driven… but we do live a free society where everyone is entitled.…

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #84  
I have read that the covid19 so called vaccine has been proven to attack the brain. This was proven by autopsies on people who's friends and family said their mental state changed before the death

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #85  
i know many here will not agree with this article, but just to stir the pot.... inho increased size of the pickup over the years to the now monstrous has posed safety hazards for pedestrians. add all the small vehicles now on public roads (i hate scooters, etc) only increases risk.
we have a voracious appetite for power/size/creature comfort, which is ok in iteslf. but there are blind spots on these larger trucks, & the increased power & creature comfort sometimes makes us unaware of our surroundings...add our thirst for social media while driving & it makes a recipe for disaster

(this comment is not intended for those who depend on larger pickups for their trade, etc. just for the mall cruisers in crowded areas)
your thoughts? the link should work
You are correct, I do not agree.
I drive an F150. I like driving a truck. I do not like driving most cars.
I tow a boat and an equipment trailer. Try that in your Chevy Malibu.
I am always aware of my surroundings.
I never use social media in a running vehicle.
Bad drivers in small vehicles are not my problem.
When I drive my wife's Corolla, idiots pull out in front of me - this does not happen as much in my truck.
I like to sit up in my truck when I drive. I do not lay down in it like a millennial.
My vision is good in my pickup - not so in my corolla.

I'm glad you like wittle cars but they are not for me!

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #86  
Lobbyists would never allow it, but the technology is there on the phone already that it knows when you are traveling in the car, so, why not make it so it won't function while traveling? You can't shut the seat belt alarm off, so kinda the same thing, take the option away unless an emergency. ND voted down mandatory seat belts but the Feds insisted. But seat belts and cell phones don't share the $ sign. Like I said, lobbyists.

I do agree tho that trucks today with the silly "leveling kit", or lift kits have their headlight shine way way out too far. I now need to wear those yellow glasses at night because of the intensity.
I agree with a lot of what you said. As we age, those lights seem brighter, not to mention the change in law about lighting. They’re literally more intense than they once were. You should know though…I drive a 2018 F-350 single wheel and turned off my seatbelt warning because I drive around job sites and it drives me nuts. The wife has a new Tahoe, but I haven’t tried turning it off on that one…grandkids.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #87  
Years ago we had passenger trains that ran east and west, north and south. It was discontinued in the 60's.

Denver is 375 miles south of us and I would pay a premium for a ticket for a ride down there. Driving down there is hazardous to say the least.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #88  
I agree with a lot of what you said. As we age, those lights seem brighter, not to mention the change in law about lighting. They’re literally more intense than they once were. You should know though…I drive a 2018 F-350 single wheel and turned off my seatbelt warning because I drive around job sites and it drives me nuts. The wife has a new Tahoe, but I haven’t tried turning it off on that one…grandkids.
One big problem with his idea is that only one person in the vehicle is driving. It's not uncommon for the passenger to make phone calls. I used to disconnect my seatbelt buzzers, now I just click it before getting in the truck if I'm just running around my property.
I also used to disengage the bleeping ABS, until I realized that I would be liable if I got in an accident... despite the fact that ABS is more likely to cause the accident.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #89  
Okay, car size in N. America is not my business.
But looking at the photo in the article, I’m worried about another thing - how do short Americans clean the windshield from snow that is fitted at a sharp angle? I understand drivers of large trucks don’t need to clean it at all, just defrost it. Because they are almost vertical. And what about pick-ups?
Sorry for fool and non-topic question, just curious.

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #90