BH92 mechanical thumb

/ BH92 mechanical thumb #1  

Taters525

Tractor
None
Any recommendations on a mechanical thumb for a kubota bh92 backhoe. The one from the orange store is crazy money. Seen one from bro tek but looks like it just clamps on to the boom. Seems like there should be a support going back to the mount where your would attach a cylinder for a hydraulic thumb. Not to wild about welding one in either

/ BH92 mechanical thumb #2  
There are a number of threads on TBN on this topic, and as far as dealer cost buy it from the whole goods from Kubota - should be around $700 for the mechanical and you can add hydraulic.

/ BH92 mechanical thumb #3  
Lots of different fabricators offer them, problem is they really need a weldment on the dipper stick to work properly. 'Clamping' one on is an invitation for disaster as the load imposed by them when operating is great. If you cannot weld on the boss/fulcrum on the dipper stick, I'd suggest having a competent welder weld it on for you and there are a ton of mobile welders out there, just look up 'Mobile Welding' in your local business directory.

I have no idea where you are located at but I do mobile welding and have a Lincoln Ranger engine drive that fits in the back of my pickup truck and welding one on (pivot point) is a quick 10 minute job. A mobile welder will come to you so it's an easy option.