Better parking brake warning needed.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
A better parking brake warning is needed. The MX52 will walk away with the parking brakes on without braking a sweat. :oops: :(:cautious: Happened twice now...
I'm thinking about adding a big flashing light. The tiny indicator in the cluster is nearly useless.
I'm wondering if anyone has made an improvement in this area.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #2  
I have driven my mahindra a number of times with it on, My buddys LS has a beeper when its on.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #3  
I have driven my mahindra a number of times with it on, My buddys LS has a beeper when its on.
the 5145 has a beeper but it is hard to hear with the engine running.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #4  
How does the parking brake work on yours? On my Kioti it's just a toothed cam that holds the brake pedals down. Maybe hook up a bright light off the wire to the brake lights?

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #5  
My vermeer honks the horn if you try drive with the brake on, definitely gets your attention.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #7  
My 2009 Kubota M6040 had NO warning feature. I simply NEVER use the parking break. Better to use the grounded grapple and rear blade.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #8  
A better parking brake warning is needed. The MX52 will walk away with the parking brakes on without braking a sweat. :oops: :(:cautious: Happened twice now...
I'm thinking about adding a big flashing light. The tiny indicator in the cluster is nearly useless.
I'm wondering if anyone has made an improvement in this area.
Kubatuba is really lax in that. I added a red idiot light to both mine with a reed switch on the brake linkage.

/ Better parking brake warning needed. #9  
Kubatuba is really lax in that. I added a red idiot light to both mine with a reed switch on the brake linkage.

I've been looking for a simple solution - I think that's it. Thank you !!

gg