Betstco Flail Missing Parts And Very Poor Quality Control.

/ Betstco Flail Missing Parts And Very Poor Quality Control. #31  
I had the same issue with the oil. Went to get the second quart and as I was putting it in I looked and oil was going everywhere.
When I mentioned this to support he said "oh yea" the manual is wrong. He also told me not to go by the check plug but to fill the gear box until the shaft you can see through the fill hole was covered. So the manual was wrong on multiple things just for filling the gear box.
Also the oil fill threads are so messed up I can't thread a plug or vent into it.
Gearbox will have to come off to get rethreaded. Another expense on this thing.

What are the "swellable sleeves"? Are these what holds the pulleys one?

I checked belts and they were very loose.

Mine was ~$2400 and is still inoperable.
I was able to talk to one person last week and now calls and emails are unanswered.
Sorry about spelling; but yes those are the sleeves that when tightened hold the pulleys on the shaft. Now, if the belts are loose that is the bolt on top; 1st have to loosen the 4 bolts that anchor the top pulley to the mower.

/ Betstco Flail Missing Parts And Very Poor Quality Control.
Sorry about spelling; but yes those are the sleeves that when tightened hold the pulleys on the shaft. Now, if the belts are loose that is the bolt on top; 1st have to loosen the 4 bolts that anchor the top pulley to the mower.
That's what I thought.
On mine it is 4 bolts on the gear case and two behind the pully.
Similar to one of my other flails.

/ Betstco Flail Missing Parts And Very Poor Quality Control. #33  
I'd like a flail but issues of cost, availability, shipping, and service have held me back.

For what it's worth, I lean toward the Italian flail: Del Morino Funny Top series. Partly because Messicks and Good Works are both selling them, which indicates parts and support may endure. No guarantee, as both those dealers could phase them out down the road. But maybe not, and maybe they'd still help out.

I'd like a flail but issues of cost, availability, shipping, and service have held me back.

For what it's worth, I lean toward the Italian flail: Del Morino Funny Top series. Partly because Messicks and Good Works are both selling them, which indicates parts and support may endure. No guarantee, as both those dealers could phase them out down the road. But maybe not, and maybe they'd still help out.
Just for info, I have an Italian finish mower. A Muratori and I deal with a place in California that I think is the only US parts place.
One issue is that if they don't have a part in stock it can take 6+ months for them to get it from Italy unless you special order and then shipping is pretty high.
They are a good place to work with however.

Thank you to everyone for the opinions, support and suggestions.
The purchase of this flail has been a big disappointment and very frustrating.
I still do not have an operational flail, but Betstco finally reached out last night.
We addressed the various issues, and they say they will correct them. Remains to be seen but I will remain hopeful!

I'm going to put this thread to rest now and start a new one to discuss things I've learned in hopes it might help others and get info from other users.
Betstco did say they would like to know about issues and concerns from users so I hope I can compile some good info to pass their way.
Thanks again to all.

/ Betstco Flail Missing Parts And Very Poor Quality Control. #36  
Hello Whirlybird,

It's time to make a phone call to get the comsumer affairs officer
in the State of Oklahoma Attorney Generals office involved to obtain
a full refund as they are just playing you.

1-405-521-3921

/ Betstco Flail Missing Parts And Very Poor Quality Control. #37  
I got the AGL-145 and am happy with it...but I am seeking to make a few minor mods on flow restriction and a PTO extension possible for additional shaft clearance when at full extension. I almost got a Machio, but noticed that their "Italian" made flail mowers are only the larger units. The Macho flail mowers small enough for compact tractors are apparently made in China...so I didn't see a reason for longer wait time and more expensive cost over the AGL...and mine seems to be very well made despite the "need" (preferences more like) for my soon to come mods. I am only posting this video because it was hard for me to find this out, as I was led to believe they were made in Italy...which apparently isn't the case.

Last edited:
Hello Whirlybird,

It's time to make a phone call to get the comsumer affairs officer
in the State of Oklahoma Attorney Generals office involved to obtain
a full refund as they are just playing you.

1-405-521-3921
We'll see. It has been very frustrating, but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
If they come through, then great. If not, then I'll see what the best course of action is.

I got the AGL-145 and am happy with it...but I am seeking to make a few minor mods on flow restriction and a PTO extension possible for additional shaft clearance when at full extension. I almost got a Machio, but noticed that their "Italian" made flail mowers are only the larger units. The Macho flail mowers small enough for compact tractors are apparently made in China...so I didn't see a reason for longer wait time and more expensive cost over the AGL...and mine seems to be very well made minus the despite the "need" (preferences more like) for my soon to come mods. I am only posting this video because it was hard for me to find this out, as I was led to believe they were made in Italy...which apparently isn't the case.

I think I read your post. Interested to see how it goes.

/ Betstco Flail Missing Parts And Very Poor Quality Control. #40  
I will say my new 2021 Kubota round baler was built in Italy as was my rotary rake and if the baler performs as good as the rake has, I'll be happy. Itallians are noted for good farm implements.