Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this...

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Bet the Home Depot doesn\'t do this...

JD dealer sent me a "thank you" letter in the mail and two quarts of oil and a filter. Also got a gift certificate to Blue Seal, a full tank of gas and free delivery. How can you go wrong with that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #2  
Re: Bet the Home Depot doesn\'t do this...

Looks like your off to a great start. Home Depot doesn't even give free delivery. Good luck with your new machine.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #3  

Ohh, a Blue Seal certificate, wow. Is that like a first place ribbon? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm assuming it's some kind of store?

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #4  

I bet that Home Depot, doesn't give free hats either.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this...

Feed & fertilizer

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #6  

Very Good. Kudos to John Deere. Besides having a great web site, they seem to do a good job with their customers.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #7  

I don't really understand your post. What does Home Depot have to do with your JD dealer? I can't make the connection. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #8  

HD sells the JD line of lawn tractors. Buy one there and you don't get the benefits of having a real dealer. Sounds like this fellow has a good one.

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #9  

There is a lot more John Deere riding mowers in my "neck of the woods" thanks to the new and only Home Depot in my area..A lot of these people buying these JD mowers probably never set foot in a JD dealership.I know the dealers will service the JD mowers sold at Home Depot.
But you don't get a hat or free delivery from Home Depot.
If you buy a tractor where "Yellowsocks" works you only get 1/2 a tank of gas...

/ Bet the Home Depot doesn't do this... #10  

This topic is near and dear to me - plus I've been reading down in the Lawn tractor area as well. I'm shopping lawn tractors today and I've been to the Deere store and the Simplicity store so far. Toro is next on my stop list.

I've said it here a few times, so I apologize to all who roll their eyes and have heard it before. My brother has a lawn equipment store down in Ormond Beach Florida. I know for a "well stated" fact that he is not pleased when folks bring in their chain store bought equipment for service. I am a big believer in buying where you can get it serviced. To me it just isn't fair to buy it somewhere else, then show up at the service place "hat in hand" and start asking for favors... can you adjust this (for free of course) or can you get it out quicker than usual. Customers who buy from him get better service all the way around.

One thing I'm curious about is the pricing. Is there any price advantage to buying at Home Depot vs. a real dealer?