Best way to add a Tee in hydraulic pipe

/ Best way to add a Tee in hydraulic pipe #1  

City Farmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer
Hi all, I have a problem. I'm trying to add a tee to a pipe on my 4500 for my BH. The BH has 3 lines to it, pressure in, power beyond out and a pressure relief. The pipe that needs the tee for the relief is welded to the loader frame so there's no way to remove it. What would be the best way to add this tee? Do they make compression fittings for something like this? In the pictures, the pipe coming out of the back of the loader valve is the one I need to tap in to. It goes down and returns back in to the the frame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 207
   / Best way to add a Tee in hydraulic pipe #2  
Do a google search for "Swagelock" fittings, they are compression fittings rated for hydraulic use. You'll still need to be able to move that pipe some to get it in though. Any chance of replacing the tube with hose?

/ Best way to add a Tee in hydraulic pipe #3  
Ditto trying the swageloc. But looking at the weld, I am assuming it is a rather thick pipe. IF no luck with the swagelock you can weld in a tee.

/ Best way to add a Tee in hydraulic pipe #5  
It might be easier to make a tee at the fill plug or some other opening to the reservoir.

/ Best way to add a Tee in hydraulic pipe #6  
Think about taking the welded connection right out of the system and redesigning the pipe to what suits you.

Using the proper compression fittings and tubing makes for easy changes. Just note that the local hardware store will not be carrying the proper pressure rated fittings.

/ Best way to add a Tee in hydraulic pipe
You guys are great! Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I'll order that fitting and take some pictures after I get it all mounted.

/ Best way to add a Tee in hydraulic pipe #9  
If you use the compression fittings, remove the paint and measure carefully.