Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800

/ Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800 #11  
What are you lifting that causes you to run out of lift capacity?

7' cutter and the tractor to run it puts you in a higher price category. You're at 5'. Next jump is 6'. 7' is another jump in cost.

Could you find someone to cut your field for the hay and then avoid the cost of upgrade?

I'm not sure how to reconcile your running out of lift capacity, but willingness to buy a larger tractor without a loader.

If you keep your L2800, then that's two tractors to maintain vs using it as a trade in.

TYM T574 retails in Middle Tennessee for about $30,000 with a loader. 55hp and more lift capacity.

Last edited:
   / Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800 #12  
There are several for sale in eastern KY on CL - here's a 80HP Ford with FEL for $34K NEW HOLLAND 80 H.P. TRACTOR WITH ONLY 279 HRS. - farm & garden - by... and there is a 2018 Kubota L4760 for $16,800 - which seems really low -s scam maybe

As others have said if you dont need more loader, get an older 40 hP or so 2WD tractor for 3PT work for 10-15K

/ Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800 #13  
Kubota MX is a good choice. I went from L3400>MX5100.

Quite a bit more capable machine. And I run an 8' twin spindle mower.

Not sure what your "field" is like...but assuming its less than the 12 total acres you own? Cutting 8-10 acres a few times per year if it isnt too rough would be around a 2.5-3hr job
mx series is a good suggestion. assume your 8'twin hog is drag rather than 3pth?

/ Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800 #15  
your rig sounds like a good setup for the OP. thinking just stepping up to a 6' or even to the bastard size 7' wouldn't make much sense.

having said that, seems to me 12 acres is within easy reach even for a 5' hog. but sounds like he needs more tractor overall. if he's going to upgrade, i wouldn't consider anything less than MX series. 55 hp would be ideal
i see too many examples in the forum where an "upgrade" is merely the next size up. usually a big mistake. regards

Last edited:
   / Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800 #16  
There are some used deals out there. Here is one that is a lot of tractor for the money and low hours. You may have to drive a bit to get them but they are out there. They still aren't lasting too long if they are a good deal.

View attachment 798298
Now compare that to Canada, LOL

Attachments

• l.PNG
    l.PNG
    153.9 KB · Views: 46
   / Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800 #17  
   / Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800 #19  
One could almost make a living buying in the south and selling in the North. I realize there is the exchange rate diff. but man that is crazy.

/ Best upgrade from a Kubota L2800 #20  
Not sure about what you're picking up but I'm amazed at what my L2800 can pick up... you might want to check what PSI your hydraulic system is set at. Normally, dealers set them on the low side as to "protect" the system (no idea really why they're set low).

A couple of stainless steel washers you can increase the pressure... Look at this thread...