Best time to purchase??

/ Best time to purchase?? #1  

navyldo

Tractor
Looking to purchase Mahindra 2655
Hi all,

Lurker here... been reading allot and after sorting through and and test operating many tractors I've come to the conclusion that the Mahindra 2655 will fit best fit my physical and financial needs (+40 pto, no dpf and a few other factors) Anyhow, I'm now in search of best deal in Oregon or Washington. In my search and prompting by wife am wondering if there is a best time of year to purchase Mahindra tractors? Sales, incentives rebates etc. Any wisdom from previous purchases you've made would be appreciated. Thank you all.

/ Best time to purchase?? #2  
In general, winter is best for buying, dealers have a lot of leftovers, that's how I bought mine and saved money..

/ Best time to purchase?? #3  
:welcome:
To TBN forum. It's about time you "came in from the cold" and joined so that we can get to know you.

I thought the same Atsah and went in during the winter.

/ Best time to purchase?? #4  
Welcome to TBN and the forum navyldo. Suggestion - update your profile and tell where you are located. I bought my M6040 new in July, 2009. Of course, they had all the rebates, etc in Nov, Dec & Jan. Dealer gave me equal discount on my first purchase of a new implement the following March. I have stayed with this dealer since my first tractor I bought from them, new in '82.

This dealership is an old farming family and have provided excellent service to me for 36 plus years.

/ Best time to purchase?? #5  
I bought mine in November. Got a good deal (well under the list price) on the tractor itself, discounts on implements as well as they were running 0% financing.

My dealer is a busy sales dealer in the area. Took nearly a month to get mine even though it was on the lot because I was something like 25th on the assembly and delivery list. So even with that amount of sales going on, they were still offering good reduced prices on the equipment.

/ Best time to purchase?? #6  
Are you looking for cab or open station? Paying cash (or bank financing) or financing through Mahindra? I bought my 2655 HST Cab in March 2018 when there were a few cash back promotions. It seems like some of the promotions ended in April and the rest were gone in May. I haven't checked recently to see what's available.

As a side note on Mahindra financing vs paying cash on a $40k-ish tractor, Mahindra's 0% financing for 60 months will add about $4300 to the price you pay and go for 72 or 84 months and it adds just over $6k to the cash price. 0% financing is far from free and in many cases it would be less expensive to finance at a low rate through a bank or credit union.

/ Best time to purchase?? #7  
:welcome: to TBN.
Kinda depends on your region.
Some dealers attend fairs expos etc. offer good deals.

/ Best time to purchase??
Are you looking for cab or open station? Paying cash (or bank financing) or financing through Mahindra? I bought my 2655 HST Cab in March 2018 when there were a few cash back promotions. It seems like some of the promotions ended in April and the rest were gone in May. I haven't checked recently to see what's available.

As a side note on Mahindra financing vs paying cash on a $40k-ish tractor, Mahindra's 0% financing for 60 months will add about $4300 to the price you pay and go for 72 or 84 months and it adds just over $6k to the cash price. 0% financing is far from free and in many cases it would be less expensive to finance at a low rate through a bank or credit union.
Good information, thank you. I'm in SW Washington (Washougal) and am working with Stark Street Lawn and Garden in Newburg, OR. Anyone have any experience with them?

/ Best time to purchase?? #9  
If you go to a farm show and a rep is there he has the ability to throw some cash at the deal. He did an additional 1000 in my case

/ Best time to purchase?? #10  
I bought my 2555 in 2017. 130 hours so far. I am SO GLAD i traveled an additional 40 minutes to go to a dealer I felt comfortable with in northeast PA (Krempaskys). They have treated me fair and square. I went to 4 dealerships and chose wisely. Take your time and choose a dealer that can answer your questions, will research questions they don't know and has a good parts supply in house. Love the tractor!