Best TC45DA feature yet

/ Best TC45DA feature yet #1  

fishpick

Platinum Member
Tractor
L4760 & BX24
Last weekend we had a BIG heavy snow here in NY... and even with my tractor and the massive blower - I had to go slow... as my back and neck were starting to bug me I made a discovery...

The TC45DA will let you engage the cruise in REVERSE! Ohh joy above joys!

If you didn't know that - your neck and back can thank me later!

If you have a front mounted blower and are going to make snide comments - I don't care to hear them... this was the ONLY snow since getting this huge rear mount that has even reminded me I had to twist... on my 45 degree cantering New Holland seat.

Great tractor!

/ Best TC45DA feature yet #2  
Cool, I didn't know that. Thanks. Although we havn't had enough snow this winter to even scuff the paint on my new Frontier (rear) blower. Maybe used it 4 times. I don't mind looking back either, with the seat turned.

/ Best TC45DA feature yet #3  
:D:D:D

Yep! Fishpick, it's just a magnet. It doesn't know what direction you are going.;) I must say that you are the first I've ever heard of actually finding a use for reverse cruise. Good job!:cool2:

/ Best TC45DA feature yet
:D:D:D

Yep! Fishpick, it's just a magnet. It doesn't know what direction you are going.;) I must say that you are the first I've ever heard of actually finding a use for reverse cruise. Good job!:cool2:

Take my 6/10 mile drive, add to it extra slow reverse for the 24" of HEAVY wet snow we had, subtract desire for trip to chiropractor = happy discovery... I actually turned it on and then stood on the operator platform facing backwards with a boot on the brakes... leaning on the ROPS.

Sure - someone can flame on for "unsafe" operation... but I submit comfortable and paying 100% attention in a non-supported configuration is WAY safer than complete discomfort and 50% attention... but that's me, on my property, with my tractor...

It's one **** of a feature. I know it's a magnet - I'm just glad they didn't "safety-a-fy" it to make it 50% less useful!

/ Best TC45DA feature yet #5  
The best feature I found on my former TC 45 DA was the trade in price. Better ear plugs couldn't return me to that machine.

/ Best TC45DA feature yet #6  
Last weekend we had a BIG heavy snow here in NY... and even with my tractor and the massive blower - I had to go slow... as my back and neck were starting to bug me I made a discovery...

The TC45DA will let you engage the cruise in REVERSE! Ohh joy above joys!

If you didn't know that - your neck and back can thank me later!

If you have a front mounted blower and are going to make snide comments - I don't care to hear them... this was the ONLY snow since getting this huge rear mount that has even reminded me I had to twist... on my 45 degree cantering New Holland seat.

Great tractor!

I put my tractor in GEAR and set the hand throttle :D Unfortunately I have no blower to turn around and look at :(, but I could if I had one. :p
Dave.

/ Best TC45DA feature yet #7  
It's one **** of a feature. I know it's a magnet - I'm just glad they didn't "safety-a-fy" it to make it 50% less useful!

I agree with that!:rolleyes: Considering what they have done to riding lawnmowers, I wonder how long it will be before they put an engine-kill function if you try to use your tractor in reverse. It'll probably be that or an irritating "bleep! bleep! bleep!" as you back up.:mad:

I put my tractor in GEAR and set the hand throttle :D Unfortunately I have no blower to turn around and look at :(, but I could if I had one. :p
Dave.

I was gonna go shuttle - but the deal on this used hydro just couldn't be beat. :D but - fair enough!

The best feature I found on my former TC 45 DA was the trade in price. Better ear plugs couldn't return me to that machine.

huh - that's the first I have heard a noise complaint about the TC45DA - all my JD neighbors and family always look so said when I start mine up... because their green machines are so dang loud!

/ Best TC45DA feature yet #10  
I was gonna go shuttle - but the deal on this used hydro just couldn't be beat. :D but - fair enough!

I have never tried a hydro, just pickin' on you. :) I am sure they are both nice. It seems like there are little things around the hydros that need more tending from the posts I have read. But, there are so many more of them too, it may not mean much.

Dave.