Best subcompact for the money

/ Best subcompact for the money
I don’t know your budget. But, as I mentioned earlier, not all ZT’s are created equally and I would put the build quality and ruggedness of my commercial Cub Cadet ZT against any tractor from any manufacturer. However, if you’re looking at garden tractors, then yes, I wholeheartedly agree you should purchase a subcompact tractor. It a much better investment.

Mike
My budget is "best bang for the buck" under ~$20k but as I mentioned the other than mowing capabilities is the motivator to ditch a garden tractor.

/ Best subcompact for the money #42  
Best bang, probably not orange or green...

/ Best subcompact for the money #44  
Those Kubota BX's practically drive themselves. :LOL:

354468246_10231988961615577_300160217321395796_n.jpg

/ Best subcompact for the money #45  
If you're looking to just mow, maybe a few small attachments like a blade or so, if it hasn't been mentioned I'd look real hard at the X758. It's at the upper end of your price range but seems to be a great machine.

/ Best subcompact for the money #46  
Here's some tractor's to check out under 40 hp:

willy

Well I wanted to make the T25 work but it turns out you can't have a mid mount mower and a backhoe, its one or the other.

The Kioti cs2520 is now the leading contender.

/ Best subcompact for the money #48  
How heavy will this mower be? On our ground, one reason I don't even have a flail mower for the fields, is that most of the year the clay loam is so soft, Id destroy it. I'm better off with the ATV and trail mower setup. This to say a subcompact with a backhoe and mower sounds like a lot for a lawn to endure.

IMG20230808152030~2.jpg

Last edited:
Well I wanted to make the T25 work but it turns out you can't have a mid mount mower and a backhoe, its one or the other.

The Kioti cs2520 is now the leading contender.
Many areas around my house needs to be cut with a garden mower with diff lock or 4x4 subcompact with a belly mower due to limited area constraints and hills. I was looking at using a flail due to its small footprint but it still won't work due to the requirement to drive uphill backwards. Other than around the house my other properties are cut with a combo of the lawn mower and pulling a 7' finish mower or bush hog with the NX.

I will probably end up getting a flail in the future for other uses though. I might be able to replace the finish mower and bush hog mower with it which would give me more barn space back.

Turns out I should be able to pull my finish mower with a Kioti or TYM subcompact.

/ Best subcompact for the money #50  
I wouldn't want to run an 84" mower on a subcompact...