Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler?

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler? #1  

joea99

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B21, JD 240GT
Need 1 each Kubota P/N 7J417-66220 and 7J417-6320 couplers and found then at Summmit Hydraulics with NPT ends.

So, while waiting for assurance from them they will mate, leak free with my existing fittings, what is the best sealant, goop, tape, and what brand? I would not trust NPT without any sealant at all.

Thanks.

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler? #2  
NPTF are designed to be installed dry...assuming both mates are indeed NPTF and in like new condition.

Otherwise, I've been known to use Teflon tape or PTF...or both simultaneously. Some of the hydraulic suppliers sell a sealant they claim to be extremely good. I haven't tried any of it yet.

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler? #3  
I've been using Loctite 545 thread sealant on both my pneumatic and hydraulic fittings for several years. I simply followed the instructions and I've had 100% success, not one leak or seep.

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler? #4  
X2....loctite 545

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler?
Believe I has some of that 545 I got for an engine redo. Forgot all about it.

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler? #6  
NPT threads are meant to be distorted when tightened. Over tightening will cause problems as well.

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler? #7  
Recto Seal best good for oil, gas, water been using it for 40 years in hydraulic shop just don't use tape that's a no no.

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler? #9  
I have used Recto Seal for years with good results as well.

/ Best sealant for NPT to quick coupler?
Recto Seal or Rectorseal? If you mean Rectorseal #7, I need a second mortgage to buy that stuff.