Rotary Cutter Best rotary cutter manufacture

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Im getting ready to buy a new cutter. Im looking at woods brush bull, bush hog squealer or now BH16, and Land Pride RCR or RCF "cant remember" 2072. I know all are good but which offers best parts and service support? Im a little worried about BH as i don't like the new weak tail wheel design, plus being bought out by Alamo and they keep changing model names every year. BH is all I've owned so far and its been a ok cutter i guess except for loosing a seal on a lightly used 5 year old unit which in turn wrecked the gear box. Apparently Land Pride is still privately owned which I like. Don't know much about woods except that their medium cutter has 11 gauge top and sides which is lightest of the three. Thoughts?

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #2  
All the choices are mind boggling!!!! You named some good brands historically. I think as long as you stay with familiar brands and then look them over good before buying you won't go wrong. In the well known brands of similar size they probably all run the same gearbox.

Look forward to your final decision, with pics of course.

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #3  
It seems most of the mfg's have several different lines or series, light duty to real rock beaters. Check the specs. not only from brand to brand but "series" within brands for an apple to apple comparison.

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #4  
I have owned a Landpride 1860 rotary cutter for the last seven years.Its been a very good implement.

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #5  
I bought a Howse light weight model when I bought my Vietnam rebuilt 4220D Yanmar and it took a beating cutting trees as large as I could push over with the FEL on the tractor. It never even sheared a shear pin. The only thing light weigh about it was the deck thickness which was about 1/8" or less and hitting scattered rocks really hammered the sides but everything else stood up well. I let it go with the tractor when I sold it. I would recommend them but in a heavier duty model so you get a thicker deck. I think the gear box is the same on light duty and heavy duty models.

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #6  
I also have Land Pride, Whatever your choice is check out the gear boxes as some are coming with cheap chinlee units.

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #7  
Im getting ready to buy a new cutter. Im looking at woods brush bull, bush hog squealer or now BH16, and Land Pride RCR or RCF "cant remember" 2072. I know all are good but which offers best parts and service support? Im a little worried about BH as i don't like the new weak tail wheel design, plus being bought out by Alamo and they keep changing model names every year. BH is all I've owned so far and its been a ok cutter i guess except for loosing a seal on a lightly used 5 year old unit which in turn wrecked the gear box. Apparently Land Pride is still privately owned which I like. Don't know much about woods except that their medium cutter has 11 gauge top and sides which is lightest of the three. Thoughts?
Brown manufacturing 400 & 600 series(130-145hp gear box)IMHO are some of the best rotary cutters on the market.Get your wallet out though.LOL

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #8  
All gear boxes today on any of the brands you listed are made in China. Even the John Deere cutters have chinese gearboxes. I know of no cutter that has a USA or Euro made gearbox. Its like trying to get a USA made camera or calulator. I've used Landpride and like their cutters. The paint job on them seems first rate and no issues out of them yet.

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #9  
I FINALLY got to see, touch and watch operate a Brown cutter. 600 series, 72" model. They take heavy duty to an all new level; also price. I seriously doubt that daily use would ever wear one out. The 600 series uses gear boxes made in the USA.

/ Best rotary cutter manufacture #10  
I have a Landpride RCR 2672 and a Schulte XH600, the Schulte has a 160 hp Italian gearbox and is heavier built in all aspects.
The Landpride has been very tough though.
John