Best rear ballast solution for Grand L4240

/ Best rear ballast solution for Grand L4240 #1  

3boys865

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HST
Trying to decide what would be the best solution for adding more stablity to my Kubota 4240. I have the tires filled with washer fluid, rears are set out 3 inches wider, and currently use a box blade (approx 450lb) on the 3pt when doing loader work. I am in east TN and my land has rolling hills and slopes but nothing extreme. I am considering adding some wheel weights and moving rear tires out to the widest position (5 inches), but was also thinking a heavier implement or ballast box on the 3pt might help also. My thought is that the wheel weights and widening the tires would help more on the slopes than more ballast on the 3pt, but wanted to see what experience others have had with adding wheel weights.

/ Best rear ballast solution for Grand L4240 #2  
Mine has filled rears as well. Most of the time the re-furbed 90" Caroni is on the tractor. For Winter, the deck gets stowed and I've been running this concreted barrel. It has tubes for shovels, etc. and a milk case for a few chains, lunch, whatever. The vertical tubes all run into a larger horizontal pipe across the bottom to allow for drasining and cleaning.

Attachments

• IMG_5330sm.JPG
    IMG_5330sm.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 42
  • Ballast B.jpg
    Ballast B.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • Ballast C.jpg
    Ballast C.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39