Best place to pick up a PTO driveline shaft?

/ Best place to pick up a PTO driveline shaft? #1  

DanMc77

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4600, JD 2210, JD 332
Just acquired a like-new LandPride SB1051 3 point rear snowblower. The PTO shaft that came with it is too short. Where is the best place to get a cost-effective replacement shaft??

It must have a shear pin or slip clutch since this is going on my 2210. I'm measuring 26" between the end of the two splined shafts.

/ Best place to pick up a PTO driveline shaft? #2  
Tractor supply or Agri supply? I've found Agrisupply has better prices, but not sure how shipping would factor in GA to NH. Both do online orders

/ Best place to pick up a PTO driveline shaft? #3  
A&I. Your local tractor dealer is probably an A&I dealer.
Don't buy anything less than a Series IV shaft and make sure it has a shearbolt flange arrangement comparable to the OEM shaft.

/ Best place to pick up a PTO driveline shaft? #5  
Question: I need to buy a new driveshaft to fit my new larger tractor. What is the correct way to size a driveshaft to a tractor/implement combination?

/ Best place to pick up a PTO driveline shaft?
I figured out that I could purchase a new longer series 4 internal trilobe tube from AgriSupply. Popped out the roll pin that holds the inner tube into the U joint. Took apart the U-joint and now have to get the tube pressed out.

Edit: I posted this before I noticed the suggestions above to do just this! Thanks to those guys with that suggestion!!!!

Edit again: I was able to bang out the tube with a BFH and a deep socket as a punch.

Last edited:
@jyoutz : I'm learning this myself. You need to measure the size of the sliding tubes that form the shaft. That will tell you what series this is. I just know that inner sliding tube of the series 4, which I have, has an OD of 36 mm.

This is from the AgriSupply site:
  • Width: 36 mm or 1-27/64 in.
  • Thickness: 4.5 mm

Here's the prize. I'm loving the way this thing is built. I considered shortening the 3 PT mount, but chose against modifying it.

The PTO shaft is indeed dangerously short!

Blower1.jpg

Blower2.jpg

/ Best place to pick up a PTO driveline shaft? #9  
@jyoutz : I'm learning this myself. You need to measure the size of the sliding tubes that form the shaft. That will tell you what series this is. I just know that inner sliding tube of the series 4, which I have, has an OD of 36 mm.

This is from the AgriSupply site:
  • Width: 36 mm or 1-27/64 in.
  • Thickness: 4.5 mm
My driveline is old and I just plan to replace it and slip clutch, so I don’t need to match anything. I’m just wondering how to measure for length and overlap of the new driveline.

/ Best place to pick up a PTO driveline shaft? #10  
Go to your tractor dealer, they will match and you can buy replacement tubes for your PTO pretty cheap. Cheaper than buying a whole new PTO.