Best mowers for steep hills. (Any price range)

/ Best mowers for steep hills. (Any price range)
I’m actually considering to fence in that area and having a couple goats now. Lol

/ Best mowers for steep hills. (Any price range) #13  
The Cub Cadet Pro Z S (with 4 wheel steering) is my choice for hillside mowing and have a 72” option.

Mike

/ Best mowers for steep hills. (Any price range) #14  
Some regions like alpine Austria, Switzerland have very steep mowing terrain for which special equipment has been developed. I’m not familiar with price or dealerships. Only seen pictures. There are some of more recent design using tracks and remote control. No pictures for these.

Attachments

• 409AA3C7-0F55-4B54-9ADB-98003DE7CC84.jpeg
    409AA3C7-0F55-4B54-9ADB-98003DE7CC84.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 84
  • 94896F70-8691-49AA-95C6-5E45707EAE3C.jpeg
    94896F70-8691-49AA-95C6-5E45707EAE3C.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 85
I like the goat option better than pushing that thing

The Cub Cadet Pro Z S (with 4 wheel steering) is my choice for hillside mowing and have a 72” option.

Mike

They have a 972 dual wheel option too. Just seems to me 4x4 mower will be superior and pricing isn’t a lot more money?

/ Best mowers for steep hills. (Any price range) #17  
^^^^
Depending on your needs, yes, 4x4 may be better. I have the a Cub Cadet Pro Z S and it's a fantastic mower and performs exceptionally well on my steep hills and hillsides. Tons of traction, control and stability. Plus, they're built like a tank. Zero complaints.

Mike

/ Best mowers for steep hills. (Any price range) #18  
All of the PowerTrac models are 4 wheel drive. There's a hydraulic wheel motor on each corner. They are very low to the ground, so very, very low center of gravity compared to tractors. They articulate in the middle +- 45 degrees(left/right), AND, they oscillate front to rear +- 12 degrees (twist between front and rear sections) in either direction, so a better ability to keep all 4 corners on the ground. Despite the low ground clearance, they rarely get stuck, as you can articulate to force the wheels further along in either direction.

Add to that, all PowerTrac models come with a front end loader. 40 attachments available on the smaller models. 30 on the larger models and slope mowers. Makes it a much more versatile machine VS just a dedicated mower.

Both slope mower models have 1200# lift on the FEL.
The slope mowers are dual wheels on each corner, so nice, wide stance.
The slope mowers have 40 and 45 degree slope capability.

Anyhow, they are worth a look if you're seriously looking at slope mowers.

/ Best mowers for steep hills. (Any price range) #19  
I didn't realize the 900D was a front mount. Whoops.
I do not think any 2wd mower is better than a Grasshopper especially on hills as the the low center of gravity and weight balance are exception. The OP did respond regarding the bar type tires - the difference between these and turfs on a mower like this is unbelievable. My Deines mowers just changed personality with the AT101s on them.

/ Best mowers for steep hills. (Any price range) #20  
OP, with goats, be aware that they will NOT eat legumes,ie clover lotus-major etc. They only eat everything else.