Best fuel additives

/ Best fuel additives #72  
What I read a while back was that the sulfur didn't lubricate the diesel. It was the process of removing the sulfur that also removed the lubricating properties of diesel fuel.

I use Power Service white bottle. Also bioside, 1/2 oz per 30 gal added to my diesel fuel cube. I only use around 60-70 gallons a year.

My 44 year old B7100 was blowing a lot of black smoke at times. At startup and when adding throttle. I went to Amazon and bought some snake oil. Hot Shot's Secret Diesel cleaner, put the required amount in the tractor tank, then drove it around for a while and put it away for winter. In the spring it didn't smoke on startup or when adding throttle.

It was either that goofy snake oil or just dumb luck and it fixed itself.

/ Best fuel additives #73  
The only thing that sulfur lubricates is the injector pintles (mechanical injectors) and the injection pump (again mechanical pump), so it's not needed with high pressure electronically controlled injection (tier 4), far as I'm aware of. My tractors are 100% mechanical so I use Caterpillar additive but it's not widely available and it's not cheap either (like all Caterpillar products).

As a rule, I don't purchase over the counter snake oil additives. I do use Power Service silver bottle (winter additive) because of fuel gelling up here. It gets very cold in the winter and I use my cab tractor for snow removal.

/ Best fuel additives #75  
Everyone has their 'pet' snake oil. What I did was install Racor filters on all my diesels including my diesel pickup truck and my Class 8 tractor came with one from the factory. The Racor strips out all the water and anything else down to 30 microns and deposits it in al clear bowl below the filter where you can visually see what it is and drain it off. Far as I'm concerned the Racor is a wise investment and as an aside, Kubota is now installing them on their Tier 4, high pressure electronic injection engines from the factory.

/ Best fuel additives
I was pulled over in Oregon by osp when I was hauling some Yanmars to Washington.
The tested my fuel tank with a long stiff wire like rod that had a cloth cotton ball on the end.
It came out clear or light green and all were happy.

I asked the cop if had something better to do than pull over folks to check their fuel when he just spun around and left.
I yelled at him that this wasn't Russia.
The cops now days are out to get people for anything possible

/ Best fuel additives #77  
Nothing to worry about if you’re not in violation….🤷

/ Best fuel additives #79  
Nothing to worry about if you’re not in violation….🤷

That’s just NOT true.
Unreasonable or illegal searches are inconvenient and a waste of people time! Taxpayers should not be paying government workers to go through people’s private lives & items!

/ Best fuel additives #80  
If you’re not in violation then you’re a responsible taxpayer and shouldn’t mind the minor inconvenience of an inspection. How else would you suggest road tax be collected/enforced in a fair manner? I hate taxes too…but that’s another topic…😬