Forks Best bang for my buck attachment or is it an accessory?

/ Best bang for my buck attachment or is it an accessory? #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
By far the most useful item I have for my tractor is a set of 30 inch 1500 pd Titan bucket forks. At less than 160 bucks delivered its become the go to attachment for just about every job around my home. I really dont know how I managed before I got them. Yesterday was a hot day, and I had to clean up several fir trees that the storm took out. I started cutting them up but the hot sun was getting to me. I used the forks to lift the whole tree and move it under some shade. Once I cut them up I moved them to a pile with the forks. Then I cleaned up all the brush piles with the forks in a matter of minutes.

Last year it was two tons of concrete blocks, 1 ton of crushed marble, a chicken coop, shed, and many other small jobs.

Saved me so much time and a heat stroke. I also used it to load a 150 pound generator to the back of my brothers pickup truck.

Last edited:
   / Best bang for my buck attachment or is it an accessory? #2  
Same here, I got the spreader bar too as that keeps them straight. Moved so many items. Saved money too on delivery costs since I can take pallets off the truck myself. And good for lifting out rocks and moving wood rounds to a stack.

/ Best bang for my buck attachment or is it an accessory? #3  
Mine is by far an Igland GR 20 log grapple. It's on 90% of the time. I use it to grab limbs, brush, and dig and transport rocks.

/ Best bang for my buck attachment or is it an accessory? #4  
One big caution on bolt on pallet forks, is to add support to take that weight away from your bucket cutting edge! A chain and inexpensive binder work well. I have a friend that bent his bucket very bad!
I too have a pin on bucket and use clamp on forks and love them!

/ Best bang for my buck attachment or is it an accessory? #5  
It's a toss up - my FEL grapple or my 3-point rear blade. I have not had reason to drop the grapple since I bought it five years ago. I only change out the 3-point to my chipper, in the spring, when I thin my pine stands.

/ Best bang for my buck attachment or is it an accessory? #6  
I have quick attach bucket, pallet forks, and grapple for my New Holland TC45 tractor and can’t live with out the entire combination.
Aside from the seasonal use of the TPH Woods mower and rototiller the backside of the tractor is on vacation most of the time.