Snow Attachments Berco

/ Berco #1  

leonz

Tractor
JD LA115, WH 244, Troy Built Horse 8 HP
Have any of you installed a motorized Berco 2 stage unit on a lawn tractor on the front or rear?

/ Berco #2  
Not a motorized Berco 2 stage, but I have a mid PTO driven Berco 2 stage unit mounted on the front end of my JD X758 GT.

One word: Fantastic!

/ Berco
Hello Old Oak,

Thanks for that, I saw picture of the Bercomac two stage unit ment for my LA115 and other mules of that type and the V belt routing and the guide pulleys are the same as the JD junk and metric as well obviously.

Now all I have to do is spend four hours to disassemble the bloody thing again and replace another drive belt and the driven belt. I am just going to take the sawzall and cut the channel iron brace in half and be done with it. by doing that I can cut the repair time to less than 2 hours, All the bloody thing does is support the end bearing of the impeller shaft.

I can make a cut down through the middle and split it to take the brace off and still support the end bearing and still be able to change the driven belt much quicker as it takes a huge amount of time to remove the cross brace and get it over the impeller shaft to get the new driven belt on.

I really do not want to spend 140 dollars on a JD driven belt after all the money I have put into this thing just in spare parts.

A kevlar belt should not split in half and this is the 5th one in 7 years that has done that and the pulleys are good and not sticking or worn.

I have to go to the green parts store to see how much a JD driven belt costs from them before I make another decision.

The Toro Sno pup barked it way through all the snow that was left and ran like a Swiss watch like always.

At the rate I am going, I will buy a motorized single stage from Europe and have it shipped here. It will cost me less than a Yamaha YS1028J so that is one thing to consider