Bent The Front Bumper On A MT342

/ Bent The Front Bumper On A MT342 #1  

KCTractors

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS MT342, Case 530 CK, , Ford 2000, , Ford 8N
I was carrying a ramp with the tractor and the chain unhooked. The ramp fell on the top part of the bumper and bent it back far enough so that I couldn't open the hood on the tractor.
I hooked a strap up to the top of the bumper and to my Moline 602 and pulled it back. I was going to add another plate on the pumper mount but I see the mounting plate is bent out a little on each side. It almost looks like it was made that way, but I think that it's bent.
Would somebody look on theirs and see if the mount for the bumper is straight across or does it have a wiggle on each side.
I would take the bumper off and straighten it and put another plate on it to reinforce it.

/ Bent The Front Bumper On A MT342 #2  
isn't that an LS brand tractor? if so maybe post should be moved to LS forum.

/ Bent The Front Bumper On A MT342
I was carrying a ramp with the tractor and the chain unhooked. The ramp fell on the top part of the bumper and bent it back far enough so that I couldn't open the hood on the tractor.
I hooked a strap up to the top of the bumper and to my Moline 602 and pulled it back. I was going to add another plate on the pumper mount but I see the mounting plate is bent out a little on each side. It almost looks like it was made that way, but I think that it's bent.
Would somebody look on theirs and see if the mount for the bumper is straight across or does it have a wiggle on each side.
I would take the bumper off and straighten it and put another plate on it to reinforce it.
Yes this is on a LS tractor, I thought I was on the LS site, but nothing wrong with a MF tractor either!