Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options?

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #41  
I don't worry about my SSQA getting twisted: :giggle:

P6230018.JPG

View of the back side:

P6230043.JPG

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #42  
Any idea why that forklift crane has the curved cutout in the back plate instead of being straight across?

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #43  
Bend it back but the cross tube will soon break and need to be replaced with a solid bar

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #46  
I would use caution reinforcing the cross bar too much. That is the weak link and easy to fix. I bent mine on my L6060, because one side of the forks (w/6' extensions) I was using unlatched and put all the pressure on one side. That twisted the ssqa mounts out of time. I cut the tube and put a small adapter into the ends to weld it back. It takes a unusual force to twist the cross bar, if that doesn't twist something else probably will and it might be much more expensive to fix.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #47  
had the same problem a few times when a lever on one side became unattached under load. after you address the problem, suggest to bungee both levers in locked position to avoid the problem again

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #48  
One of my employees says she noticed the front bucket wasn't hanging right - no idea how much work had been done with the bucket hanging on the left side of the SSQA only. It bent the plate downwards. I can still muscle attachments on but it is no longer anything resembling "quick" attachment". Any ideas how to fix? So far I've hit it with an 8lb sledge many times with no noticeable movement. Also put the plates facing the ground and lifted the front of the tractor with just the bent plate but nothing there either. Kubota L2501 with the LA525 loader.
This used to happen to me on my skid steer regularly. My solution was to stick a piece of hardwood (firewood usually) behind the plate that was lagging behind the other and using the roll back gradually to bring the leading plate back to being parallel with the other using several gentle tweaks to keep from overshooting the mark. The wood rests between the plate and the loader arm. My permanent solution was to weld a piece of 4" pipe between the two attachment plates that kept the them in line in spite of me missing one side when hooking on an attachment. Luckily I have not had much of a problem with my 4 Kubotas with this system originally designed by and for Bobcat.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #49  
With the B26 the ssqa cross or torque tube is light gauge compared to rest of the loader. Simply not designed heavy enough to not twist without having an attachment locked in place. We mow with the ssqa attachments off for better clearance. The attachment pads have gotten out of time many times. Curling all the way back aligns the pads to engage ssqa locking pins from small miss alignment. Tree adjusts gross miss alignment. Was really concerned at first but after 7 years just a quirk of the machine. Have not seen any paint loss or fatigue damage. Tube is more of a spacer than torque keeper. Torque strength is from the attachment. If it ever fails the next tube will be heavier, square or rectangular tubing. Strong loader for this size tractor. Cutting and welding the OEM tube would be a lot of work for a temporary fix.

Of the many ssqa loaders I’ve had it is the only one to do this. Suspect many of the small loaders could have this condition. Haven’t seen this with the larger loaders but usually have an attachment on. Use Chain, tree or concrete floor best option. No big deal.
This ^^^^ I have had this happen a few times with my LS MT352 - I have a telephone pole on my property. Put the pad on the pole and move slowly in the direction you want to adjust. When its off push the pad thats farther forward on the pole and go easy dont take much and tilt forward. check and repeat as needed.

PITA with they are not aligned but its not a huge deal no welding needed but I guess you can bend your cross bar.

Using a chain - be very careful. I prefer using a fixed object like a tree or a large pole and hydraulics.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #50  
Like I said, I've fixed that problem up to three times a day. Five minute fix.