Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options?

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #1  

p0diabl0

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
One of my employees says she noticed the front bucket wasn't hanging right - no idea how much work had been done with the bucket hanging on the left side of the SSQA only. It bent the plate downwards. I can still muscle attachments on but it is no longer anything resembling "quick" attachment". Any ideas how to fix? So far I've hit it with an 8lb sledge many times with no noticeable movement. Also put the plates facing the ground and lifted the front of the tractor with just the bent plate but nothing there either. Kubota L2501 with the LA525 loader.

Attachments

• 20230128_104438.jpg
    20230128_104438.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 446
  • 20230128_104431.jpg
    20230128_104431.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 438
   / Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #3  
Little tractor have push on tree sometimes if they get out of time. Curl all the way back will line them up to lock levers.

Big tractor never a problem….yet.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #5  
You have to cut the tube that connects each side together then re weld with them "in time" with each other.
If this is something you can do I can explain further and iirc with pictures.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #6  
Just chain it, you have hydraulic power. I've fixed that three times a day on occasion.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #7  
The cross tube is bent. I would try to bend the right side forward, but you need a way to lock/hold the left side while you bend the right side. The "easiest" way is as Rustyiron says--Cut the tube, time the sides then reweld.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #8  
Don’t cut and weld, chain the one that’s ahead of the other one back and use hydraulics to push the other forward. 5 minutes and done and no welds or paint damage.

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #9  
Assuming quick couple loader connections, cross the curl hoses so 1 pushes while the other pulls. Don't forget to put them back in place !!

/ Bent SSQA plates/hands - what are my options? #10  
Assuming quick couple loader connections, cross the curl hoses so 1 pushes while the other pulls. Don't forget to put them back in place !!
Swapping the quick connectors wouldn’t do anything. You’d have to swap the hoses on one of the cylinders to get the desired results. And the hoses are probably too short to do that. You could just put a block behind one of the plates and curl it back to do the same thing.