Bent mast on JD 70 loader

/ Bent mast on JD 70 loader #1  

wolfeboro755

Tractor
John Deere 755
Hi all, I have a John Deere 755 tractor with a 70 loader. It skidded sideways while reversing on snow/ice and the operator side of the mast struck one of the dump bars on a dumpster.

I believe the mast is bent. I will not seat correctly. I guess my questions are can it me fixed by just exerting opposite force somehow? Should I sent it somewhere to be worked on?

Any input would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20230309_075511.jpg
    20230309_075511.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 20230309_075454.jpg
    20230309_075454.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 102
   / Bent mast on JD 70 loader #3  
First thing I would do is put a straight edge on it to confirm a bend.
You may have bent the mount instead.
Locate the tractor on a flat surface and measure the mounting bracket clearance from the ground on both sides.

Let's say the mast is bent. It would show a concavity on the impact side. If so,I would attempt to bend it the opposite way with a come along attached to a tree and placed in the middle of the bend. Attach the tractor itself to another tree on the opposite side and allow the tonnage of the come along to help you out.

I am uncertain that you would be able to get a new mast as parts may have dried out for this model.

/ Bent mast on JD 70 loader #4  
Good luck with that repair.
Shouldn't be that hard. That mounting bracket lip bend you see is inherent to the the design.

/ Bent mast on JD 70 loader
Thanks. That could be a good spot to start

/ Bent mast on JD 70 loader
Shouldn't be that hard. That mounting bracket lip bend you see is inherent to the the design.
Hi I wanted to follow up after doing some planning and giving this a go. I Had to bend the mast back and then inward as it was off center. I used an 8000 lb comealong and ran it through a snatch block for good measure. After setting up two bends the results were pretty good,, the mast is seated . Thanks again!

/ Bent mast on JD 70 loader #7  
Good job.
Thanks for the follow up as it gives others a clue if this happens to them.