Behlen Country 4’ tiller… your thoughts?

/ Behlen Country 4’ tiller… your thoughts? #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
It’s been a while since I’ve posted here and lots of changes since then. However, I’m now running a 2020 JD 2025R which I bought after moving and selling everything off And down sizing... mistake. However, I’m now looking for a roto tiller. I priced the JD 655 at $4100 which should serve my needs (I think), but recently came across the Behlen Country 4’ tiller at D&B Supply in Twin Falls, Id for $2,500. i have never owned Behlen Country products, so I’m not sure of the quality or durability. How would this compare (durability and quality) to the JD 655 aside from price? Thanks

/ Behlen Country 4’ tiller… your thoughts? #2  
I'm not familiar with the Behlen. I have a 60" King Cutter brand I bought 15 years ago that still going strong. It's gear drive. I paid $1200 at Tractor Supply then. Wow, have prices gone up. The only thing I had people tell me is that you want gear over chain if your breaking new ground that has clay and rocks. Here in KY, you have clay and rocks. I think I read on this site that the JD tillers were made by an Italian company and are chain drive. Not sure tho.

/ Behlen Country 4’ tiller… your thoughts?
Thanks. Unfortunately, the 2025R has only 18PTO HP. Most 5 footers require more HP. According to my JDDealer, I can get by with the 55 inch 655 Frontier. So, it’s either spend $4100 for the 655 or go for a 4 footer which I don’t really want For less money.

/ Behlen Country 4’ tiller… your thoughts? #4  
Thanks. Unfortunately, the 2025R has only 18PTO HP. Most 5 footers require more HP. According to my JDDealer, I can get by with the 55 inch 655 Frontier. So, it’s either spend $4100 for the 655 or go for a 4 footer which I don’t really want For less money.
I had a small JD tractor years ago with 19 pto hp. I had no trouble running a 54” Woods brand tiller.

/ Behlen Country 4’ tiller… your thoughts? #5  
I would check craigslist for a good used one. Save a lot of money. Unless you want new. I've been scoring a lot of good deals there lately.

/ Behlen Country 4’ tiller… your thoughts?
Thanks again