Beg/Borrow/Steal small tiller

/ Beg/Borrow/Steal small tiller #1  

sea2summit

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Have just over an acer I need to till. Pulled about 2.5 yards of rocks out by boxblade, shovel and hand. Now I would like to till the 1" and less rocks down so I can plant some grass. Looking to rent one but not finding anyone that rents equipment in my area. Kubota 1860 will do all the work so need a small one in the Yelm, Wa area.

Any suggestions would be great.

/ Beg/Borrow/Steal small tiller #2  
Have just over an acer I need to till. Pulled about 2.5 yards of rocks out by boxblade, shovel and hand. Now I would like to till the 1" and less rocks down so I can plant some grass. Looking to rent one but not finding anyone that rents equipment in my area. Kubota 1860 will do all the work so need a small one in the Yelm, Wa area.

Any suggestions would be great.

Are you trying to rent a 3PT tiler to use on your tractor? Lots of luck. I tried to rent such attachments and could not find a source. Rental places only rent a tractor with a tiller. You should be able to find a good used 4-5' tiller on craigs list or at implement dealers. If you are tilling an acre; that is a lot of rental time with a small tiller, especially if there is a lot of vegetation and rocks. You are going to want to go over at least 4 times in different directions. Then are you doing this again each year? You soon have spent the cost of owning one.

What is the job worth to you? Maybe hire me and my tractor/tiller. I also have a rear tine walk behind tiller (very few hours on it) I will sell you for $650.00 if you are real ambitious. I live right down the road of HY 16 for you.

Ron

/ Beg/Borrow/Steal small tiller
Are you trying to rent a 3PT tiler to use on your tractor? Lots of luck.

That's the feeling I'm getting.

The yard is all loose dirt right now, I plan on just tilling it this year and it will be a yard for the children no animals etc requiring me to till it yearly. I've been watching Craigslist like a hawk, I'm going to start wandering the neighborhoods (backroads) and just start randomly offering people cash to use their 3PT for a weekend. Might get lucky.

/ Beg/Borrow/Steal small tiller #4  
Sunbelt rentals rents them when there working, i'm in Ohio not sure if thats an option where you live but try tool rental places.

/ Beg/Borrow/Steal small tiller #5  
That's the feeling I'm getting.

The yard is all loose dirt right now, I plan on just tilling it this year and it will be a yard for the children no animals etc requiring me to till it yearly. I've been watching Craigslist like a hawk, I'm going to start wandering the neighborhoods (backroads) and just start randomly offering people cash to use their 3PT for a weekend. Might get lucky.

I wish you luck on borrowing one. I never loan anything with moving parts; seems like every time I have done it it comes back broken. As they are normally friends I just eat it. Blew the engine on my walk behind. Just doing small areas beats me to death, I can't imagine trying it on 1 AC. It is a Troy Horse, one of the best. This winter I may replace the engine, about $400 or $550 for an electric start.

Here is a used one: http://www.jenningsequipment.com/2004-agric-alj40-inventory.htm?id=882020&in-stock=1

Ron

/ Beg/Borrow/Steal small tiller #6  
I think you will bring as many new rocks to the top as you will bury. That's how my tiller works. If the area is already loose dirt, why not drag it smooth and be done with it?