Before and After

/ Before and After #1  

deadstick

Silver Member
Tractor
PT-425
I like seeing other people's projects with a before and after type series of photos so I thought I would start a thread going and I also like to see what a PT can accomplish.

Attached is the before picture. It's about a 2500 sqft circular area of scrub, rocks and crap. A circle of limestone rocks encompasses the area and even though the picture doesn't really show it, alot of these rocks are so big they do not fit in the large bucket. I wasn't sure the the PT would lift some of these, but it did. There was only one rock that I could not move due to it's odd shape and size :(

Attachments

• 54-155536-before1.jpg
    54-155536-before1.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 203
   / Before and After
Here\'s the After

Attached is the after pic....

Attachments

• 54-155537-after1.jpg
    54-155537-after1.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 174
   / Before and After #3  
Re: Here\'s the After

WOW well done! How long did it take?

KCook

/ Before and After #4  

Looks great. Folks'll wonder how you got that one great big rock in there!!

/ Before and After #5  
WOW! I had to call both pictures up on the screen and toggle back and forth a few times. Very nice job. Now, what are you going to do with the limestone?

Also, the forks are very handy for stuff like that. Put them on your wish list. They are very reasonably priced. Even if you cannot lift the rock, if you can drive the forks under them you can chain the rock to them and skid it along on the forks in reverse.

Last week I was trying to dig out some bamboo with the small bucket with teeth, but the rear end kept coming off of the ground. I switched to the forks and was able to drive them under the roots several times and then popped them out of the ground. They were about 2 feet across and a foot thick with roots hanging down a foot or so.

In my opinion, they are way more versatile than I thought they would be before I bought them. My wife said, what do you need a fork lift for? And I kind of agreed, but said they were only $250.00 and wouldn't cost much more to ship and that they would help with unloading all of the implements when they arrived. I've never regretted it.

Again, nice pictures. Thanks.

/ Before and After #6  
<font color=green>I've never regretted it.</font color=green>

MossRoad, I bought the forks specifically based on your recommendation. I've already used them for a number of things. Two other ideas:

- drill a hole in one of the forks and install a ball to push your trailer around. I saw the folks at TSC using their fork lift for this purpose and it worked great. Or course you would want to drill a hole through the threads on the ball and use a pin, rather than the nut, to speed changeovers.

- build a small platform on a pallet to use as a poor man’s scaffolding for those jobs that are relatively close to the ground.

/ Before and After #7  

Nice job!!

/ Before and After #8  
Marrt,
Great idea regarding the drilling of hole in one of the forks. I don't think this would change the integrity of the blade.
PJ