Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450?

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450? #1  

dpero

Tractor
Cub Cadet/Yanmar sc2450
Was thinking about removing the thin and flimsy rubber mat and either spraying on or rolling on some thick truck bed liner coating. Can anyone think of a reason not to do that on this tractor?

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450? #2  
Sounds like a good idea to me.

However I've had my 2400 about 1 1/2 yrs and 180hrs later with lots of on and off...the mat is still holding up well.

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450? #3  
I just got done doing my entire workstation floor on L3400 .. seems ok so far.
James K0UA

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450? #5  
IMHO a lot of trouble if the Mat is OK.
If the Mat is damaged or wore out (?) then do it.

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450? #6  
However I've had my 2400 about 1 1/2 yrs and 180hrs later with lots of on and off...the mat is still holding up well.

I've had my 2400 about a yr now and it has about 35 hours on it. My mat has pretty much disintegrated. I think it's due to being outside in the elements which half the time I don't put a tarp over it. That and I'm pretty sure that the diesel fuel I spill on it trying to get the last amount out of the can doesn't help either.

I'm looking at doing a spay on or herculiner. I figure it's a small enough area that it shouldn't take much.

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450? #7  
I've had my 2400 about a yr now and it has about 35 hours on it. My mat has pretty much disintegrated. I think it's due to being outside in the elements which half the time I don't put a tarp over it. That and I'm pretty sure that the diesel fuel I spill on it trying to get the last amount out of the can doesn't help either.

Interesting. Must be the weather exposure.

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450?
Thanks for the comments. I'll probably save it as a rainy day project as it isn't real high on the list of things to do.

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450? #9  
dpero said:
Thanks for the comments. I'll probably save it as a rainy day project as it isn't real high on the list of things to do.

Hey,
How did this turn out ?
Was thk'g... (smoke) IF it was possible to remove the floorboard it would be more practical to have a spray on liner done by a pro-shop.
Just thk'g outloud!

/ Bedliner on foot rest area of a sc2450? #10  
As an old Wood Tick, I'm always looking for a cheaper way that works, found one for slippery surfaces. I build and haul antique Harleys around the country and was always having problems with tires slipping on the trailer ramp and floor, Some of my friends installed alum diamond plate, pretty floor tiles etc, and promptly dropped some expensive bikes. I painted the floor and ramp with oil based porch & deck enamel then promptly spread some rough sand on the wet paint. Allow the paint to dry then apply a second coat, minus sand. The one trailer I used this process on is 10 years old and it is still non-slip. I see no reason it wouldn't work on a metal surface, just clean the surface first and scuff up the original finish with some emery cloth, no need to tape, no parts removal, just a small paint brush. Good Luck.